English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Jomsocial photos are not being copied into slave
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Jomsocial photos are not being copied into slave
Jomsocial photos are not being copied into slave 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I've setup a template site with some demo Jomsocial content and a demo photo album.

The photos are saved in the /images/photos/ folder which has been selected to 'Copy' when the new slave is created in the template.

The issue is that in the slave the /images/photos/ folder is empty and so the photo's are not being copied across.

Can you please let me know why this would happen? Is it a bug?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Jomsocial photos are not being copied into slave 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
When you decide to copy a directory, you get a snapshot of your /images directory that force you to synchronize it manually.

I suppose that you sharing JomSocial between website and in this case, you should keep the /images folder shared (use Symbolic Link) if you want to share the same avatar (photos).
edwin2win
graph

Re: Jomsocial photos are not being copied into slave 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I am not sharing jomsocial between websites and I do not want to share the /images folder.

I had setup a template site with some demonstration photos so that when a user creates a new slave the photos are copied in the folder i.e. the new slave includes the snapshot with the photos.

The problem is that when this snapshot is created the jomsocial photos are not copied.

It is strange because I would think that the entire /images directory would be copied but it was not, and this is why I think there is a bug.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Jomsocial photos are not being copied into slave 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Verify the way that the slave site is created.
If you have a physical /images directory in the slave site then the JomSocial should store the images in this directory or perhaps JomSocial does not use the JPATH_ROOT .'/images' directory or has a configuration somewhere to specify the path of the "avatar" directories.

So check if in JomSocial you have a configuration parameter that would point to another place.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla