English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: extentions without tables
extentions without tables 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I installed SuperGRoup component via multisite master, and shared with slave websites propagated to children. It installed as extension without tables.

I now want to use this extension on the slave websites, but cannot get it to work, as there are no tables. what should I do? thanks.

--- following message is received when trying to set it up: INSERT into www_supergroup_categories (name,description,parent,image) values('ESTATES','ESTATES','0','').

I checked the database and www_supergroups_categories does not exist as a table
spiraltech
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:extentions without tables 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I am wondering about the same question (with another extension - Proforms).

The tables were created in the template site on installation, but JMS says it's an extension without tables. How can I make it so that JMS detects the tables, which I need for the extension to work on the slave sites.

Thank you!
venap
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:extentions without tables 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
When an extension is not defined in the Jms Multi Sites tool menu, you can re-isntall the extension directly in the slave site.

You can also send us the extension in the attachement of an email to allow us reviews this extension and, when this is possible, add its definition in a next release of JMS.

We need to review manually the extension and discover its data model to declare an alternative installation processing.
This explain that you have to send us the extension for review.
edwin2win
graph

Re:extentions without tables 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
In my case, at least, the extension does appear in the Tools menu, but it shows as an extension without tables.

As in this case it's a paid extension, I don't feel very comfortable sending the full extension for obvious reasons. This extension only uses SQL tables created on installation, so would the install.sql for the extension be enough?

Thank you.
venap
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:extentions without tables 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't want to send us the extension, we can not do the review and identify which MySQL tables should be defined in the JMS Tool.

So, the only solution is that you go in the slave site and re-install the extension to allow it creating the required mysql tables.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla