English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sharing VM cart
Sharing VM cart 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have read various of the forum entries and I understand that I can set up a Master site and multiple slave sites which would all share a single VM installation - users / categories / stock.

What I would like to know is whether the shopping cart is restricted to just one of the sites at a time (i.e. order must be completed on only one site) or is it possible to retain a cart across multiple sites?
netd
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sharing VM cart 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
With VM, you have either the choice to share only the Users or share the whole VM.

Becarefull that VM store the shopping chart into the session and not in the DB and therefore when you share the Users, this also share the sessions.
So if keep the VM independent except the users, this means that you could have inconsistencies when you store something in the shopping chart and that after you change of website.
ie. Suppose that you have a product ID 1 in site 1 with label A and that the product ID 1 in site 2 has the label B (with price B ), depending where the users will check-out, it may be order the product 1 label A or label B depending if it check-out on site 1 or Site 2.

So yes the cart can be retained accross website when you have websites on the same domain (ie. subdomain or subdirectories) because they will share the same session.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/10/05 10:17 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla