English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Module Installation
Module Installation 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I have been experimenting with JMS for a while but seem to have hit a problem.

I cannot seem to install simple modules without getting a PHP error. The error is:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING, expecting T_OLD_FUNCTION or T_FUNCTION or T_VAR or '}' in /xxxxxx/trunk/modules/mod_ld_news_slider/helper.php on line 26

Does this mean that I cannot install any modules unless they have been patched by you? I have a module in development which I cannot use with JMS although this works perfectly on another site that does not have JMS installed.

Seems to be a bit of a limitation as it cuts down a huge number of extensions that is one of the main advantages of Joomla.

Both modules I've test don't use any database tables apart from core Joomla tables. Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam
adster101
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Module Installation 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
This just mean that this specific "mod_id_news_slider' might have a problem and that you have to read its code to understand why it product a PHP syntax error.

Plenty of module can be installed without any problem.
So you have to analyse this one in specific.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Module Installation 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your response.

The weird thing is that this module ( and one other I tested from JED ) work fine on a Joomla install without JMS installed. That is the module doesn't produce a PHP exception unless JMS is installed. Initially I tried to troubleshoot the PHP but it's weird that it works on one site and not the other.

Can you confirm that in principle, I can download any extension from JED and have it working with JMS or do I need to propose it to you first?

For example, I want to use this plugin:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/site-ma...ite-performance/7350

but I don't see it on the list of extensions that can be shared. Is the list just for those extensions that can be 'shared' using the tools menu. I.e. shared without reinstallation and you just store the data model for each module to achieve the sharing?

Thanks for your help,

Adam
adster101
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi Edwin,

You are correct! My server by default runs PHP4 which I need to override with an htaccess command. I was using PHP5 syntax in my module.

If I correct it then it works perfectly. Apologies this was my mistake. Phew!

I will continue to test with the plugin I want to use.

Thanks,

Adam
adster101
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Hi Edwin,

I have tried to use the plugin listed earlier in this thread on a slave site. The plugin basically joins and compresses all the css and js on a site and caches it in one place. It seems to cache the file in the correct salve site cache folder but when I go to the site it doesn't work.

This is because the plugin adds this to the head

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/plugins/system/CssJsCompress/css.php?css=e6145bf85ae684dbe03491a0aac5128d.css.gz"/>

Looks like the css.php file is to blame here:
Code:

define('PATH_ROOT', dirname(__FILE__) . DS);
$file=PATH_ROOT.'..'.DS.'..'.DS.'..'.DS.'cache'.DS.'css'.DS.$cssFileName;
if(file_exists($file)){   
   header('Last-Modified: '.gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s',filemtime($file)).' GMT');
   $content=file_get_contents($file);
   echo($content);

}

What's the best way to make this compatible with JMS? Am happy to lend a hand if it is a simple enough fix? Tempted to just tinker with the $file and make it absolute....

Thanks,

Adam
adster101
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Module Installation 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Which peace of this code is not working ?

If you have setup your HTTP Server to have the root document in the specific slave site domain or subdomain, the root directory should correspond to the correct path.

perhaps the problem is related to the href that start with a slash (/) that assume this start from the root url.
If you are using a subdirectory, this could be the reason.

If you can highlight what is wrong in the <link> statement and what is the expected correct value, this would be easier to answer you.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla