English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to add own component to supported components?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How to add own component to supported components?
How to add own component to supported components? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

first of all, I'm not yet a user of JMS, but it looks very, very promising. I only have about 5 sites to manage, but that's more than enough if you have to update them "all of the time", including all components.

I'm not only using Joomla, but also developing a component for Joomla and wanted to ask, if and how I could be included in the "supported" components (i.e. install in master site, use it in slave sites as well)? I tried to stick pretty close to the MVC approach of J1.5, if that is of any help.

If this is not possible, what is the procedure to install the same component on multiple sites? What is the procedure to update these? I read ( I think in the manual) that I have to install the same version on every site I want to use the component, but how about updating the component?

Cheers

Martin

P.S. I'm not giving the name or link to the component as I don't want this to be misread as an advertisement or anything, I'm just curious about the integration into JMS. If it's fine to give a link, then I'll do it in an answer
ripper17
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:How to add own component to supported components? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
First to have an extension that has no problem with JMS, it is important that the extension does not save any configuration in files on the disk.
The configuration must be save in the DB.
This can be either in specific table or in the components parameters.

To add the definition for the JMS tools, you have to send us this extension for a review and allow us add its description in JMS.
This require that we describe in JMS all the tables that are used by this extension and that must be replicated for the installation.
To have an extension candidate to the "sharing", it is required that it has as less relation with joomla core table.
When an extension directly call the "categories" or the "content" table directly then we excluding this extension from the sharing because this would means that we have to share almost everything.
We prefer extension that are "self contain".
They are very good candidate for the sharing.

The way they are developed (MVC or not) is not really important.
MVC just help us for the manual review.
edwin2win
graph

Re:How to add own component to supported components? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the answer.

So I will get my component to a stage where the DB Tables are stable (right now, I will probably change them in the next couple of weeks/months) and once I've reached this stable state I'll send you the component for inspection.

Best

Martin
ripper17
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:How to add own component to supported components? 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Martin, to be generic and allow you change the table in the future, create all the tables with the same prefix (ie. #__myext_XXX) where you have "myext_" as prefix in front of all you table.
This allow JMS use a wildcard to replicate all the table with #__myext_*
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla