English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Mosets Tree image problem
Mosets Tree image problem 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I just discovered that each slave site's Mosets Tree directory is sharing a single set of image folders:

/components/com_mtree/img/listings/m
/components/com_mtree/img/listings/o
/components/com_mtree/img/listings/s

... and Mosets is renaming images using some internal counter that isn't creating unique file names. Images are named like this:

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
etc.

Now when I add/edit/delete images on one slave site's directory listing, it's affecting images on the other slave site (and on the master site.)

I could try to hack Mosets Tree to append the date and time to the image filenames, but is there another solution that you're aware of? For example, is there a way to configure JMS to allow different /components/com_mtree/img/listings/ folders for each slave site?

Cheers,
Chris
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/07/24 21:14 By chrisjclay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Mosets Tree image problem 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
I ended up hacking Mosets to use unique image filenames (via a timestamp) but I'm still curious if another solution is possible via JMS.

Thanks,
Chris
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

In case anyone else runs into this, here's how I solved the issue. In admin/components/com_mtree/admin.mtree.php I made the following changes...

I searched for this:

Code:

$img_id = $this->_db->insertid();

It's around line 1359. After that line I added a new line:

Code:

//DB Get Current Time
$DBtimestamp = time() . '_';

Then I updated a few lines below to include the timestamp:

Code:

// DB Add timestamp to filename
rename( $old_small_image_path, $mtconf->getjconf('absolute_path') . $mtconf->get('relative_path_to_listing_small_image') . $DBtimestamp . $img_id . '.' . $file_extension);
rename( $old_medium_image_path, $mtconf->getjconf('absolute_path') . $mtconf->get('relative_path_to_listing_medium_image') . $DBtimestamp . $img_id . '.' . $file_extension);
rename( $old_original_image_path, $mtconf->getjconf('absolute_path') . $mtconf->get('relative_path_to_listing_original_image') . $DBtimestamp . $img_id . '.' . $file_extension);

// DB Add timestamp to filename stored in database
$database->setQuery('UPDATE #__mt_images SET filename = ' . $database->quote($DBtimestamp . $img_id . '.' . $file_extension) . ' WHERE img_id = ' . $database->quote($img_id));
$database->query();

I had to do the same thing for the copy listing function in admin.mtree.class.php (around line 1435.)

Chris
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/07/24 22:57 By chrisjclay.

Re:Mosets Tree image problem 11 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to modify the Mosets extension, another scenarion would be to use a specific /img/ directory for each website.
You could use the "MULTISITES_ID" value that provide the Site ID to create variant of the /img depending on the website.

Perhaps you could create something like

/img_{site_id}
or
/img/{site_id}

As it seems that the path would be compute at a single place, you would just have to change the directory path.

Perhaps that this idea could help you.
edwin2win
graph

Thanks, a good suggestion. I'll keep it in mind if I discover any complications with the other method I tried above.

Cheers,
Chris
chrisjclay
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Mosets Tree image problem 11 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Edwin2win, can you expand on what you recommended below? I understand the part about creating a site specific location however how do we define this with the Multisites or Mosets Tree configuration to force it?
falsealarm
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla