English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Newbie Needs HELP with basic setup!!
Newbie Needs HELP with basic setup!! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I just want to say that your product looks very promising and videos are helpful but there's way too much information to take in for a newbie. Having said that, I need your help in setting this up!
This is what I have done so far...

My config:
    I currently use godaddy's Virtual Dedicated Server (VDS)
    I use a simple control panel (not plesk, control panel etc..)
    Joomla 1.522 Stable, PHP 5.1.6, Apache/2.2.3 (CentOS) and Database 5.0.77

I have installed the JMS Multisite product.
    I would like to create a single Slave site (don't care about templates ..yet)
    I go to Site Manager>
    fill out the following fields:
    Site ID: XYZ
    List of Domain Names: www.xyz.com, xyz.com
    Left the New Themes Folder field blank because i want to install it on the root directory of the new server.
    Hit Save.

Now I click on the domain listed in Site Manager window. It takes me to my new www.xyz.com but i get a Apache 2 Test Page.
I watched your video # 9 but i did not see how you were able to get a new install working.
My questions...
Do i need to upload a new copy of Joomla under my xyz.com domain?
Do i need to upload a new copy of Joomla under the exiting domain /multisites/xyz directory?
How does the new install on the new domain work? I am obviously missing something that everyone may seems to have understood....your help is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Mike Singh
singhmike
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newbie Needs HELP with basic setup!! 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Godaddy with Simple Control Panel create domains with specific account that does not have permission to see the other account.
So your problem is related to the Simple Control Panel that does not allows deploy website into another domain directory.

At my brief knowledge of Simple Control Panel, I think you can only create website in a subdirectory of the master. I have not experiment the case of the subdomain of a master.

Normally, the configuration of a domain consists in:
- Setup the domain in your HTTP Server admin tool like cPanel and specify the "document root" directory.
With Simple Control Panel, you can not specify this "document root". This is hardcoded by Simple Control Panel.

- Once you know the full path on your disk where is associated the domain (xyz.com) then create a slave site in Jms Multi sites.
Site ID: xyz
Domain : www.xyz.com, xyz.com
Deploy folder = the full path where is located you website on the disk. This correspond to the document root.

The video 9 present the case of a subdirectory.
The concept of Jms Multisites is to share the same Joomla PHP code - so do not perform a copy.

Create your first website using exactly the same value as presented in the video 9.
This using keywords that are generic and that should work on all linux environment.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla