English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisites slave site hangges some features
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisites slave site hangges some features
Multisites slave site hangges some features 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,
We are running multisites on a joomla 1.5.22 and recently we had some issues and we had to do a complete restore. Before the restore everything on the slave sites was working fine. And by everything i mean shared users from the main db, shared kunena forum (users, sessions, posts, everything). Now after the restore the users are still shared, kunena content is still shared but u don't get to be kept loged on the slave sites as it worked before. I've checked in multisites tools and everuthing seems to be in good order. I have the shared sign next to com_kunena the kunena_sessions table has the shared sign also so it should be working fine. If u create a post on main and go to the slave site it's there, the only thing you have to log in, and this is an issue because it's part of the main reasons we bought jms in the first place, to fix the single sign on issue. Thank you for your support.
madtequ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multisites slave site hangges some features 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Perhaps your problem is related to a bug in Joomla 1.5.16 and higher as discussed in the post.

www.jms2win.com/en/forum/26-bugs-errors-...d-acess-problem#4708
edwin2win
graph

Re: Multisites slave site hangges some features 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I've checked the suggestion you made regarding a known bug in joomla but that's not the case because i've created a new slave site using the same template created earlier (template used on creating news and videos) and the test site keeps the sessions logged on and also replicates all the posts made on main (and vice-versa - the posts from test are replicated to main). I've checked the configuration files from test with those of videos and news and couldn't find anything relevant there. I've also noticed that in multisites directory almost all the folders are links (for instance public_html/multisites/videos/components/com_kunena is in fact public_html/components/com_kunena). So if they are using the same files, in multisites tools the com_kunena is shared , tables have the shared symbol also, and a new slave site works.. what could it be?
madtequ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Multisites slave site hangges some features 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned that content of the "master" and "slave" is identical when you change something in a website.
Did you checked that you are logged on the correct website.
Put a specific website title to check that you are correctly logged on the correct website.
When a website is not defined in the list of slave, this display the master website.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla