English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS?
Re:joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
As I told you, I am not able to reproduce it.

I don't know what is specific in your configuration (or environment) that cause this problem as I am not able to reproduce it.

If you want that I have a look on your environment, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
As I told you, I am not able to reproduce it.

This is the first time you have said you weren't able to reproduce my problem. Maybe you didn't mean to say it in the past tense and meant to say "Am I now telling you that I am unable to reproduce it."

Either way, I would assume it would have been simpler for you to answer whether or not I had something configured wrong, but now I have to assume I have nothing configured wrong. If that is the case, then I'm going to also assume there is a bug in the software.

I have spent two days going through the forums and trying to fix this myself even before I posted this and asked for some guidance. And then spent a few more days re-watching the videos over and over and going through the forum and manual again looking for different things to try. There is not a lot of help in the forums, as indicated by me having to wait over a week to find out you can only look at my problem if I pay for support. I bought the software, I learned as much as I could from the information available, I don't seem to be doing anything different than what is shown in the videos, yet I get errors in JMS multisite and my sites do not work as intended. So if there is something else you need to do that is missing from the manual or videos, then why should I have to pay extra for that?
It's a shame really, I wanted to get this working so I could purchase some of the extra plugins for it.
grahamslam14
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you had spent 2 days to search a solution in the forum, you have already read the other thread that describe the same problem.

Sorry if I made a confusion with another thread that describe exactly the same thing.

www.jms2win.com/en/forum/26-bugs-errors-...ectdb-functionmysqli

I have already tried reproducing this problem without success.
Perhaps you could do a video and provide a more detailled scenario.
edwin2win
graph

Re:joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
If you had spent 2 days to search a solution in the forum, you have already read the other thread that describe the same problem.Sorry if I made a confusion with another thread that describe exactly the same thing.

I did read the other thread, and I even commented in it. I did however notice that I was running on a windows environment and not linux, and symbolic links are not available to me, so I do believe it is a different environment, which would require a different setup to try and duplicate my error. I didn't see a video where you had created a situation where you were making each slave site with it's own database, and to go even further I don't see it deployed into a windows environment, so when I see symbolic links and I cannot use symbolic links, I just assume I do not have to do anything special.

I have already tried reproducing this problem without success.
Perhaps you could do a video and provide a more detailled scenario.

I don't know how much more detail you need other than a screenshot of the screens that I am working in.

I would like to say this, if you look at my site and my config and find a problem that I did wrong AND can show me in your video or manual where this information is, then I would gladly pay you for your time, because it would totally be my fault.

If you look at my site and find a bug, then I don't expect you will bill me.
If you look at my site and cannot find, or fix the problem, then I don't expect you will bill me.

Is that how you will work?
grahamslam14
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I am developing everything on a Windows XP platform and tested on development environment with success and I also tried on my linux hosting server with success.

I don't think the DB connection is related to the Symbolic Link but to another problem to get the configuration that perhaps joomla does not return correctly.

As I am not able to reproduce it, I can not add traces in the Joomla code to identify the origin of the problem.
There is a specific condition that I have not identified as based on your explaination, I try to reproduce it without success.
I miss something but I don't know what.

In addition, the DB connection processing implemented in Jms Multisites is identical whatever the Joomla version and is stable in Joomla 1.5.
So I suspect something in Joomla 1.6 that does not work as usual.

Are you running your Joomla 1.6 on PHP 5.3 or higher.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/02/17 18:40 By edwin2win.

For information, I have been able to produce a MySQLi error on a Linux platform but I don't know yet if this is the same problem.
This show me a new difference between Joomla 1.5 and 1.6 that is perhaps at the origin of the problem.
I am continuing the investigation on the Joomla 1.6 DB connection.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla