English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS?
joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Let me tell you what I am trying to do.

I made a "main" website in Joomla 1.6 with custom joomla template.
I installed JMS multisite 1.2.46 into this main site.
I want to duplicate this main website to each slave site I create (so same template, same layout, same article, very basic)
I created a mysql database for each slave, so each slave has it's own database.
I want each slave site to look exactly like the main site at install, but not share users or anything else after that (each owner of slave can then customize each slave site and not affect any other site)

Now, I can create each slave site, and it will install and connect to each of their own databases ok. But nothing gets shared. Each slave site looks like fresh joomla install.

I created a site template in JMS. (I attached a picture)

When I try to use this template that I created, I get server 500 errors in joomla admin. I then have to hit the back button in my browser and change it.
I host with godaddy shared windows server.

If I use "Master DB (prefix='-jos')" as the template, I get the following error that shows up in the "ID" column when looking at manage sites list:

Warning: mysql_select_db(): 213 is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in D:\Hosting\678****\html\main\libraries\joomla\database\database\mysql.php on line 135

I can still access my site, but it is still blank joomla template site.

Now if I use the "-Fresh Slave Site-" template I get no errors, but it is still just a blank joomla site without my template and settings.

I watched all the tutorial videos. I been looking through the forum. I don't know if there is a bug when using with Joomla 1.6 or is it just something I am doing wrong?

Thank you for any help.
grahamslam14
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
I will try reproducing this detailled scenario.

I just noticed that you are runing Joomla 1.6 on a Windows platform.
I also noticed that you set a value in the template folder with {deploy_dir}/templates and that you don't have any {deploy_dir} as you are runing on a Windows platform.
On Windows platform, the symbolic link is not allowed and the "deploy folder" field is not available.
edwin2win
graph

Re: joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
You have enabled the checkbox "whole site".
Can you uncheck the box and give the info that might be hidden (New DB server, name, user, ..., prefix)
edwin2win
graph

Re: joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I have unchecked the "whole site" box and there is no other info filled out. Should this be filled out with the "main" site database info? I also cleared the box with information on template folder ({deploy_dir}/templates). Do I need to specify the directory to the templates?
grahamslam14
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Were you able to look at this scenario? I still need help, I am not able to get it to work.
grahamslam14
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:joomla 1.6 - my config wrong or bug in JMS? 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Were you able to look at this scenario? I still need help, I am not able to get it to work.
grahamslam14
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla