English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Need to move our Website from folder to root!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Need to move our Website from folder to root!
Need to move our Website from folder to root! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

We have developed the website in following path,
www.example.com/main, and we have a slave site as

www.example.com/main/slave

I need to move entire site to www.example.com, My query is, Will this affect configuration of multisites! Will master and slave sites run as same as now!

FYI while creating Slave sites i have not used any of the shortcodes which you guys specified,ex: {site_url}, instead i added manual path as www.example.com.

I also need to know the effect of symbolic link! Will symbolic links get changed automatically, When we move the site!

Please let us know how does it affects, And what are the configuration I need to change!
alan1987
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/02/04 06:39 By alan1987.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Need to move our Website from folder to root! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I need a solution for this please reply us as soon as possible.
alan1987
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Need to move our Website from folder to root! 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to move the location of the master and the location of the slave, you will have to recreate the slave site directory to take in account the new slave site location and that all the symbolic link point to the new master location.

So if you move the master website from a place to another one, you will have to create a temporary symbolic link in the old location to point on the new location. This will avoid that the slave search for something that does not exists.
When you have move the master and updated it configuration to reflect the new location path you can go in the slave site and delete all of them (without the DB) and rebuild them using a new location.

Once you have all the slave site move, you can delete the old location and also the link you created temporarly in the "old" master location.

If you want that we help you doing the move, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla