English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisites Article Sharing 404
Multisites Article Sharing 404 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I tried to share an article from the Master Site to a Slave Site. It is possible to select the Master Site and the corresponding Article. But when I access the menu point I get a 404 Error. But in an other case it is possible to to do it vise versa, to share from Slave to Master without problems. I tried a few things like switching of the Joomla Sef but it seems that this is not involved. I'm clueless.
itclogistic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Multisites Article Sharing 404 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Duke wrote:
I tried to share an article from the Master Site to a Slave Site. It is possible to select the Master Site and the corresponding Article. But when I access the menu point I get a 404 Error. But in an other case it is possible to to do it vise versa, to share from Slave to Master without problems. I tried a few things like switching of the Joomla Sef but it seems that this is not involved. I'm clueless.

Further Information:
Assigning a "Multi Site Articles sharing" Menu-Item. Everythings seems to be good. But by accessing the Menu Item the link is dead course it goes to the own database where for Example the ID=96 logically couldn't be found. Is that a bug?

I would appreciate it if I would get an answer.
itclogistic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Multisites Article Sharing 404 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
YES it is possible to share an article coming from the master.
I don't know what you did to not be able to setup it.

All I can suggest you is to review the the tutorial video 0.d - this start moreless at minute 00:27 until 00:35 the scenario concerning the "Article Sharing for JMS" and also show how to setup a slave site menu to read an article coming from the master website.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/01/26 20:49 By edwin2win.

Re:Multisites Article Sharing 404 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Wow, I figure it out. Setup a test enviroment and and play through various configurations to exclude error sources and localize the trigger. The solution takes me a whole day and is basically very simple if you know how multisite functioned.

The slave site I setup works with symbolic links. Considering a small installation I switch all items to "ignore" which are obviously not necessary in the template settings. One of them was "multisite". And actually it isn't really necessary til the point you use "Article Sharing".

So after I create a new "symbolic link" to multisite everything works like it should.

I think this is a really important point and should be consider in the documentation as well as in the prefernces of "folder and files".

Hope it helps one or two.

Multisite is a useful utilitie but the documentation leaves much to be desired.
itclogistic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla