English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Am I correctly setting up this template?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Am I correctly setting up this template?
Am I correctly setting up this template? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Scenario:
- Have an established, production website
- Installed JMS and patches

- Need two additional sites that share only the users among all three. Each site needs its own joomla template, images, etc.

- No "Sites" setup yet in "Manage Sites"

Now adding first "Template" (attached image). Do I have all the necessary fields correct? Have I left anything out?

Thanks!

[img]
uscip
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Am I correctly setting up this template? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
So to share the users, you also have to go in the "sharing" tabs to select what you want to share.
Concerning the specific templates and images folder, you also have to select "files and folders" tabs where you select the action copy for the "templates" and "images" directory.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Am I correctly setting up this template? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Case and point. Terrible answer from the developer. I see 2 questions in the graphic alone that didn't get addressed and the templates and images statement gives no direction whatsoever.

You REALLY need to hire someone who has a better grip on tech support. You may be a brilliant developer but if you are going to then sell the product(s) you develop, you MUST be able to support the product for people who are NOT DEVELOPERS!
colacore
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Am I correctly setting up this template? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Unfortunately, I have to agree with colacore. I already had the shared users figured out which was why I didn't ask about it and after the "answer: I am no closer to making this work.

After hours and hours of reading the documents and tormenting over the tutorials and trying configuration after configuration, I am afraid that I have to give up at this point. I feel like I wasted my money and definitely understand why there is no trial for this product. If there was a trial, few would ever result in a purchase.

Thank you and good luck.
uscip
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Am I correctly setting up this template? 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned in the requirement that you want SHARE the users and the screenshot is not the correct one that define the sharing and I told you to have a look in the other panel "Sharing".
You have 3 screen in the "JMS Template" detail.
Open the other tabs to see the other parameters.

There you will have plenty of check box and radio button to select what you want to share.
You also have a video that explain step by step on how to share the users.
Perhaps you should watch the video and "copy paste" the value to reprodue exactly the same scenario.
In general we are using "keyword" that are generic and that can work in most cases.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla