English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisite on 2 separate Cpanel Accounts
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisite on 2 separate Cpanel Accounts
Multisite on 2 separate Cpanel Accounts 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I need to configure multi site to use 2 separate cpanel accounts on the same server so I can configure a dedicated IP and SSL to each account. I have tried copying the installation to the new site with sym links to the and the frontend of the site appears to work however no admin panel because of how Apache uses suexe the files in the Symbolic link is unreadable by apache.

I really need to figure out a way to create these sites to share on separate accounts. Any assistance would be great.

I have also tried creating a linux group and adding the 2 user accounts to the group and changing the chgrp to the group name but it breaks everything.

Thoughts
Joe
jbourque
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multisite on 2 separate Cpanel Accounts 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are using different cPanel account, you will encounter problem due to the files and folder ownership that is different.

Normally you should use AddOn Domain on the same cPanel account to avoid problem of ownership.

To open the door between 2 cPanel account and give the linux permission, contact the admnistrator of your server to see if you can change the WHM or Linux permissions to give the same access to different account and let both account access the same files and folders on the disk
edwin2win
graph

Re: Multisite on 2 separate Cpanel Accounts 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I am the owner of the server I have setup both accounts to use the same permissions but still not able to make it work.

I created a linux group and added both accounts to that group but still did not work.

Joe
jbourque
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Multisite on 2 separate Cpanel Accounts 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry, but I don't know which linux group setting or WHM setting you have to setup the same permission on both cPanel.

In fact you should have the same rights to allow both cPanel account access the files for each other.
This is the reason why I told you to use a single cPanel and create and AddOn domain that will give you moreless the same result.

Otherwise contact your hosting provider to ask him how you could do that.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla