English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Shared users no show, slave shows fresh install
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Shared users no show, slave shows fresh install
Shared users no show, slave shows fresh install 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I am attempting to create a slave of my master website, myuniport.net

My intention is to create a slave site with its own database at www.shixuenet.com

I wish the users, jomsocial data and JSPT profile types extensions to be shared. So, if someone registers on Myunport.net, their user details will also appear on shixuenet.com

Initial question: is it possible that upon creation, if someone signs up on the slave site, the details will also show on the master site?

Main Problem: I have created an addon domain shixuenet.com in my cPanel. I have created a template with sharing rules (Joomla users, Jomsoical, JSPT).

I have attempted several installs, but every time, it seems like a fresh install – the users and Jomsocial data does not appear in the fresh site.

I imagine I have made an error in my settings. I hope support to go over these and see where I have gone wrong:

Template setup (using its own DB on the same server):

Folders in the template setup:

Sharing is turned on:

Slave site creation:

To repeat, I am able to create new installations just fine, the problem is that I always get a fresh install, when I actually want to have the users and Jomsocial stuff shared.

I suspect the problem is in my settings, please let me know where I have gone wrong.
Ameson
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/01/22 05:24 By Ameson.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Shared users no show, slave shows fresh install 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I am almost there. I have create an exact copy of my master site, which I will use as the master for slave sites.

Slave site user sharing and extensions is on, at shixuenet.com. I can install applications via the tools JMS panel from the master site, but I am still unable to get the users showing up on the slave site.

What am I missing?
Ameson
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Shared users no show, slave shows fresh install 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have a look on the slave site creation, you select a template "share" that does not seems provide a description of a DB as you don't have all the parameters (New host, new DB, ....) as you could see in the tutorial video 16.

So you have to review the "share" template.
I noticed that you didn't specified any "new DB prefix".
In general, you will see that we are using {site_id}
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla