English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Missing Entries in config_multisites.php
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Missing Entries in config_multisites.php
Re:Missing Entries in config_multisites.php 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I think I may be experiencing the same - when I create a new slave site replicated from master, the admin login brings me into master admin - not slave. When I create a slave based on another slave, no matter if I assign a user or not, I am still unable to access the administration section - it simply wont log in.

When creating a slave off of master (replicmaster) I am seeing this:
* Unable to create the symbolic link [config_multisites.php] -> [/home/detroits/public_html/sportsnationnetwork.com/config_multisites.php].
* Unable to create the symbolic link [error_log] -> [/home/detroits/public_html/sportsnationnetwork.com/error_log].

-----------------------------

Edit:
Logging out and clearing cache then logging into slave site allowed access to admin panel
d8tabyte
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/01/26 14:35 By d8tabyte.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Missing Entries in config_multisites.php 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have an error during the creating of the slave site, this is normal that you reach the master when you trying login on the slave as the slave site is not successfully created.
This seems to show that you try deploy a slave site in a place where you already have a physical file.
You have to review the setting that you specified and why you already have the file defined physically.
Normally, you should not have a Symbolic Link in the "config_multisites.php" and this files should not be in the list of files to replicate.
You probably trying copy a file that you managed manually.
This files should not be present in the root of you master.

Concerning the "error_log", this is the same.
Normally a "error_log" should be marked as ignored as this is cPanel that generate it when it has an error.
So review the JMS Template rule to "ignore" the "error_log" file.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/01/26 20:12 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla