English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site using Master site config
Slave site using Master site config 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Good day!

I have a problem with configuration.php file at Slave site: when I log in at backend and go to Global Configuration I see same config as in Master site. And when I change some info like Meta Keywords they are changed at Master site, but I don't see any changes at Slave site. If I unpublish some menu item at Slave site it disappears at Master site.

I've configured Slave so it using same users table and Virtuemart sharing, the databases are different for Master and Slave and all login data are stored in /multisites/Slave/configuration.php correctly.

If I change something in Slave site database changes appears at Slave site.

So the problem is in incorrect recognition of configuration file at Slave site in backend — it's loading Master config.

And I have 1 question: is there any way to make users authorized at Master site and Slave sites when users log in at one site and come to other?

Thanks!

Regards,
Mikhail
kolpakov
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site using Master site config 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are modifying the master for "a supposed slave" site, this probably mean that you are not connected on the slave but on the master.
To ensure that you are logged on the master or on a slave, put different website title that you can check.
A possible reason why you reach the master is that because you didn't write the domain name as you have specified in the "manage site" corresponding to the slave.
For example, you enter a URL without the WWW and in your slave site definition you just have provide the one without the www.
Check also that you spelled it correctly. The domain name is case sensitive.

If you want to have users that have both access in a master and in a slave site, you have to share the users when you create a slave site.
See for example the tutorial video 16 that show how to share the users.
You can also do it with the master (instead of the slave 1) as shown in the video.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla