English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New Install error Joomla 1.6 and config question
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New Install error Joomla 1.6 and config question
New Install error Joomla 1.6 and config question 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I am new at this but I did have another multisite working good using Joomla 1.5 but now with the a fresh install using Joomla 1.6 I am experiencing some problems. I installed multisites Version 1.2.45 (Latest available: 1.2.45) and Patches definition Version 1.2.51 (Latest available: 1.2.51) on Joomla! 1.6.0 Stable [ Onward ] 10-Jan-2011 23:00 GMT. Everything is working with Multisite on the Master. Unix Symbolic Links: Allowed MySQL Version: 5.0.91-log Sharing supported

But after adding my first domain with Multisite Manager I get this error after inputting the database information during Joomla setup of new domain.

Code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_STRING in /homepages/1/domains/htdocs/master/administrator/components/com_multisites/libraries/joomla/jms2winfactory.php(134) : eval()'d code on line 2 jms2winfactory.php:  Class [JConfig_mynewsitedotcom] not found in configuration file [/homepages/1/domains/htdocs/mynewsitedotcom/configuration.php] cont...

So I try to go
Code:

http://mysitedotcom/administrator/index.php
and also receive this error:
Code:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '{', expecting T_STRING in /homepages/1/domains/htdocs/master/configuration.php on line 2

I am trying to install my New DOMAIN in another separate directory /homepages/1/domains/htdocs/mynewsitedotcom/ from the master directory /homepages/1/domains/htdocs/master/

Is that proposed layout correct? Can I use a separate directory for the mynewsitedotcom or does it have to be a subdirectory of the master? Is there something wrong with the configuration file why it is not finding it? I want to use the original master Joomla files to control mynewsitedotcom.

All of the symbolic links seem to be in place in /homepages/1/domains/htdocs/mynewsitedotcom/ but the site fails to function.

PS I changed the URL above to preserve privacy. If you need anymore infomation I will be happy to provide it. Thanks.

Also you may want to lengthen your User session lifetime because I ended up have to retype this complete question because of time out.
darrell
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New Install error Joomla 1.6 and config question 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The JMS Multisites version 1.2.45 was compatible with Joomla 1.6.0 RC1 but not the stable one.
We fixed that in the JMS Multisites 1.2.46 that is now partially compatible with Joomla 1.6.0 stable.
So you can get the latest version when following the procedure described in the FAQ
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122
This will send you a new download ID
edwin2win
graph

Re: New Install error Joomla 1.6 and config question 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Joomla 1.6.0 will not allow me to install com_multisites_V1.2.46 over the current one. I uninstalled the patches first.. But still Joomla sends error.

So I thought I would try uninstalling patches then removing Multisites completely and starting over, Well that made it worse now I can only access the front end and not the back-end of my Master Joomla.

Back to square one. I will start all over. What happens when another version of Multisite is updated? Will I have this much trouble upgrading? What about Joomla updates? I respectfully request more documentation on the update process.

From the post above: Is my proposed layout correct? Can I use a separate directories for the mynewsitedotcom or does it have to be a subdirectory of the master?
darrell
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: New Install error Joomla 1.6 and config question 13 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
The new Joomla 1.6 does not allow anymore to install JMS Multisites over existing one.
You effectivelly have to un-install JMS Multisites before installing the update.

As Joomla 1.6 stable is very new, we still have to produce a documentation for that.
Between the RC1 and the stable one, there is still incompatible things introduced in Joomla 1.6.0 between the RC1 and more with Joomla 1.5.x.
This is the reason why we still mentioned that current JMS Multisites 1.2.46 is still partially compatible as we still have to work on the new 1.6 stable new installation processing.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-122
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/01/14 14:39 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla