English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: converting slave sites
converting slave sites 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a group of slave sites that i want to convert to a new template. is there an easy way to do this? can i activate the template across all sites? can i "push" the new menu to all the slave sites? I dont want to disrupt the content specific to the slaves.

I also need to activate 1 new module area and activate a module for that area for all my slaves.
mismarketing
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: converting slave sites 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If the word template mean the joomla template (the look, the themes) and that you want to have the new template as default for a group of website, you have to go in the back-end of each slave site to select the new default template.

I don't know if you have shared the templates directory but if this is not the case and that you have decided to have speicifc templates directory, you will also have to go in each slave site and re-install the template.

Concerning the menu, you will also have to go in each slave site and rebuild them.

Concerning the modules, if you have installed a new module and that you have configured and activated before installing it into the slave with the "JMS Tools" then you will have the same module pre-configured in the slave. If you have created a slave that group a set of children then you can propagate the installation.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla