English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

VHosts outside of JMS config disable JMS sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: VHosts outside of JMS config disable JMS sites
Re: VHosts outside of JMS config disable JMS sites 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok, please correct me if I am wrong:

for every slave site in JMS, I need to have a vhost created in apache?

Each of these vhosts in apache should have a different DocumentRoot, but each of these should be a symbolic link to the master site's directory?

Anything else we need to do?
jcass
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: VHosts outside of JMS config disable JMS sites 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
YES this is better to have as many vhost as slave site that provide as many speicifc "document root" as slave site.
Such configuration will give you the possibilty to have specific images and templates directories.

So you have perfectly understood my expected result that will give you all the possible configuration that are available in JMS Multisites.

If you don't do that you will be limited in the creation of slave site with specific images and templates directory.
edwin2win
graph

Re: VHosts outside of JMS config disable JMS sites 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin. This is somewhat frustrating, because you actually helped us (through paid support) to configure JMS and our first few slave sites. I'm not sure why we would have had set it up this way if it is not the desired configuration.
jcass
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: VHosts outside of JMS config disable JMS sites 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but I don't remember your specific case and I just reply to your question with the generic case - not a speciifc one that I don't remember.
Sorry but in general, 2 or 3 hours after I am doing something fo ra customer, I forget it because I have to reply to another customer and I can not remember each specific cases.

Perhaps there is a specific reason that I don't remember.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/11/10 23:55 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla