English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

New slave site - Installation pages not appearing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: New slave site - Installation pages not appearing
New slave site - Installation pages not appearing 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi, I am a newbie, and I'm amazed at the power of your excellent extension!

I watched several tutorials (they were good, and --- I am not complaining -- for what the feedback is worth, I found them hard to understand due to the strong Belgium accent and the low key mumbling of the speaker However, it was great having video tutorials to view.

I created a new site using the Site Manager, but when I click on the link to them, the Joomla installation page doesn't appear.

Did I miss a step? Do I need to create a Template rule first?

Thanks
Geoff
geoffr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/11/08 08:11 By geoffr.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: New slave site - Installation pages not appearing 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry for my "medium english" and my "belgium accent".

In general, you can create your first slave site like preseted in the tutorial video 9.
Sample values:

* Site ID = slave1
* Domain name = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
* Deploy directory = {site_dir}

This basic rule, create a slave in a subdirectory when the symbolic link is allowed.
If this basic setup does not provide you the "Joomla Installation" page then you may perhaps have to verify that your server follow the symbolic link or that you have the permission to access the directory.
Perhaps you had an error returned when creating the slave site.

So cross-check the directories and links created in the /multiites/slave1 directory.
With the video you have the expected result and should be able to verify if you have the links created and check if you can access the directories.
You can also test the access to the directories with a "hello.txt" that you put in directories to verify that you can access it.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla