English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Configuration Help
Configuration Help 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
I am having trouble with my configuration of JMS Multi Sites and hoped that someone could shed a light on what I am doing wrong. I have wanted the tutorial videos and read countless threads on here but must be missing something.

First, let me explain what I am trying to accomplish. I have a website that is pointing to the root of my hosting account. Multi Sites and all of my components are installed on this site:
www.mydomain.com at /public_html/

I want to be able to share users and components to my other sites. I also want the layout and template to be the same as the main site with the only difference being site logos. So I have my other domains pointed as such:
www.domain2.com at /public_html/multisites/domain2
www.domain3.com at /public_html/multisites/domain3
www.domain4.com at /public_html/multisites/domain4
etc.

My problem seems to come from trying to use the main domain as the master and not making a slave off of it. When I do make a slave from it, I have to reconfigure everything to make it look like the master. can then make the slaves for the other sites, but the biggest problem happens when I try to log into the admin page for the slaves. After entering the username and password, it reverts me right back to the login page again.

I can usually set things up with relative ease, but this has me dumbfounded. All I want to do it mirror the main site to the other domains changing only the logos. If anyone can point me in the right direction to have this accomplished it would be very appreciated.
mygreensburg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Configuration Help 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
The answer is based on the assumption that you are using a linux platform and that your are able to configure your domain for a specific location.

Based on what I understand, it seems that you would like to assign domain2.com onPRIMARAY- DOMAIN.com/public_html/domain2 directory
I suppose that you are using cPanel and using default configuratoin that create a subdirectory on your primary domain.

If this is the case, you have to setup Jms Multisites to deploy the slave "domain2" into the directory that is specified in your /public_html/multisites/domain2

The key element is to provide the same path between your HTTP Server admin tool (probably cPanel) and the Jms "manage site" deploy directory.

If you are using cPanel, you can get inspired of the tutorial cPanel video CP-04
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/10/27 20:19 By edwin2win.

Re: Configuration Help 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
Edwin,

Thanks for the quick response. I am using GoDaddy.com Linux hosting which has a "cPanel" type of tool. To be more specific, here is what I am trying to do and how I would like to set things up:

My domains are pointed to the following locations

linkpittsburgh.com /
linkgreensburg.com /multisites/linkgreensburg
linkmonroeville.com /multisites/linkmonroeville
linkpennhills.com /multisites/linkpennhills
linkuniontown.com /multisites/linkuniontown
linkverona.com /multisites/linkverona
linkwashingtonpa.com /multisites/linkwashpa

I am making local portals for cities that will share the same SOBI DB entries and users. I have everything setup on the linkpittsburgh domain right now (and the site is live). I merely want to replicate the main site to all of the other cities.I am probably making this a lot harder than it is, but I am struggling.
mygreensburg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you are using a shared hosting (delux or unlimited plan) at godaddy, your primary domain is assign to /html

Here the directory structure let suppose that linkpittsburgh.com is your primary domain and that you have defined the other domains as assigned to the /multisites/{site_id} directory.

In JMS Multisites, you have to deploy the slave sites into this directory.
So the deployed directory = {site_dir}
You can do that each time you create a slave or define a Jms Template where you sefup the default values to create the slave sites.

In your case, the rule seems to be
domain = www.{site_id}.com, {site_id}.com, {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}
Deploy dir = {site_dir}

Select the website to replicate and put a new table prefix = {site_id}_
Select in the sharing that you want to share SOBI2

You can get inspired of the tutorial video 16
and perhaps also the tutorial video 0.d that explain the concept.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-0d

If you want that we setup the environment for you, this is also possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re: Configuration Help 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 1
Edwin,

Thanks for the pointers and the great service. I now have a template that is functioning properly. My problem seems to have been because of the Symbolic Links I was using. I used copy for the folders that would have static info and it seems to be working a lot better. I appreciate the help and input. Keep up the great work!

Ron
mygreensburg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Concerning the template directory , you have 3 choices:
- Full sharing (action = special copy)
- Full copy (action = copy)
- Partial sharing. (action = special copy + template folder = {deploy_dir}/templates

These cases are documented in the tutorial video 0.b slide 34
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-0b

You also have the tutorial video CP-05 that illustrate how to have a specific directory for the template
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla