English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Sites Not listed under tools menu
Sites Not listed under tools menu 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I have one slave created using "fresh slave" that is listed under the master in the tools menu. I have 22 other sites created using a template that do not show up under the tools menu.

I cannot install plugins on these sites manually. The plug-in folder is a symbolic link but the administrator folder is NOT a symbolic link.

I have these sites deployed in folders outside of the standard /multisites folder.

Example: public_html/site1

However the "config_multisites.php" files are in folders in side of /multisites.

Example: public_html/multisites/site1/config_multisites.php

I have the FTP layer installed with the slave directory as the root but trying to install a plugin from the slave results in an infinite loop.

How can I correct the problem to get the slave sites listed under the tools menu?

Thank You!
merrante
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/10/21 22:42 By merrante.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Sites Not listed under tools menu 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If you don't have the other slave site displayed in the JMS Tools, this probably mean that you have created an infinite loop in the webstie dependencies.

The loop can be created when you defined a website that is build on its children.
How do you want create a website based on a children if you are not yet born.
Check the template used in each slave site to identify the loop and remove it.
When the Tool detect the loop, it stop to read the definition of the website as it does not know how to display them.

If you have decided to create a copy of the administrator directory, this may cause you problem of consistencies. JMS Multisites does not contain any Syncrhonisation mechanism that would update all the files and folders between such separated directories.
You have to use Symbolic Link to ensure that the administrator directory is identical.

conf_multisites.php are internal JMS Multisites file that store the slave site definitions.
This does not correpond to the joomla configuration.php file.

When using the Joomla FTP Layer, you have to ensure that the FTP root path is correctly defined to reflect the deployed directory. If you don't manage it correctly, you could replace your master website with a slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Sites Not listed under tools menu 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Im going to need a bit more help understanding the "loop". I am using an existing site as the template to create more websites. What in the template am I looking for to remove?

Is it possible to get these sites working under the tools menu without starting over?

Thankyou!
merrante
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Sites Not listed under tools menu 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
The principal is very simple.

Somewhere you have create a website that say

Site A is build based on Site A.

How do you want to create Site A based on itself when it does not exists yet.

This is the same if you say Site A -> Site B -> Site A
You also create a loop.

If you don't know, remove one by one the template selected in each slave site and check each time if you get the list of slave sites displayed in the JMS Tools. You will discover progressivelly the one that create the loop.
You could restore the value later.
Take some notes to remember you which templates were assigned to each slave site.

Draw the dependencies on a paper. This will probably help you.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla