English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Site logic & Structure
Site logic & Structure 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
I have to put a site together that's actually a online radio station with sites dedicated to the various stations. All the stations have unique domain names as represented in the image below. I can't get how I have the main domain that I want people to come to first and then link to the other domains.

If the joomla with the multi-site is installed in a subdomian of the main domain how exactly do I structure that. I know how to do masters and children when dealing with the multisite directory but this is over my head.

As stated I need the slave to be in public_html where the domain is pointing to but I get errors because I don't know how to correctly configure that. I have been over the tutorial videos for a few weeks and still can't understand the logic. So I have put a little flowchart of what I need to do with multisite and I hope that if I get a detailed answer maybe it will help others.

So with in short, if you have a domain mapped to public_html what do I need to change to get the site structured like the image.
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/10/19 10:50 By Mongo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Site logic & Structure 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
All depends your environement and HTTP Admin tool.
If you are using cPanel, we suggest that you create your domains using the architecture described in the tutorial video 0.b slide 21-24
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-0b

ie. master-domain.com -> public_html/home.kfsims18/domains/master-domain.com/public_html
slave1-domain.com -> public_html/home.kfsims18/domains/slave1-domain.com/public_html

The generic rule can be {root}/domains/{site_id}-domain.com/public_html

So you have to provide the same path in both cPanel and in the deploy directory present in the JMS Slave site.
Get inspired of the tutorial video CP-04 that show the case with a subdomain.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04
edwin2win
graph

Re: Site logic & Structure 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok I got past the concept and went to actually make the site. I keep getting this error when trying to make a child off the slave. What exactly do I need to tell my server to do to get me past this permissions error.

Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_users AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_users`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'cld1_users' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_users AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_users`
Create User error [1142]: Query = [GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_users` TO `kfsims18_uma`@`174.122.104.67` IDENTIFIED BY 'mongo2006' WITH GRANT OPTION;], DB Message = [GRANT,CREATE VIE command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'slv1_users' SQL=GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_users` TO `kfsims18_uma`@`174.122.104.67` IDENTIFIED BY 'mongo2006' WITH GRANT OPTION;]
Error [1142] retrying query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_users AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_users`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'cld1_users' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_users AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_users`
Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_session AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_session`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'cld1_session' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_session AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_session`
Create User error [1142]: Query = [GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_session` TO `kfsims18_uma`@`174.122.104.67` IDENTIFIED BY 'mongo2006' WITH GRANT OPTION;], DB Message = [GRANT,CREATE VIE command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'slv1_session' SQL=GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_session` TO `kfsims18_uma`@`174.122.104.67` IDENTIFIED BY 'mongo2006' WITH GRANT OPTION;]
Error [1142] retrying query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_session AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_session`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'cld1_session' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_session AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_session`
Error(1) [1142] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_core_acl_aro AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_core_acl_aro`]. DB Error: CREATE VIEW command denied to user 'kfsims18_uma'@'localhost' for table 'cld1_core_acl_aro' SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW cld1_core_acl_aro AS SELECT * FROM `kfsims18_radio00`.`slv1_core_acl_aro`
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Site logic & Structure 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
"command denied to user" means that you have to increase the MySQL user privilges.
This is documented plenty of times in this forum.
If you have WHM and PHPMyAdmin with root login, see the tutorial video 0.b slide 35 that show you the privileges that must be added.
If you don't have the access to the privileges menu in PYPMyAdmin, perhaps you have to contact your hosting company to grant your mysql user privielges.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla