English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Article Sharing Not Working
Article Sharing Not Working 13 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have a Joomla 1.5.20 site that I have installed Multisite 1.2.38 and MultiContent 1.0.12 on. Sym links are allowed and it is a cPanel host.

I want the slave sites to be an exact copy of the master site, but have their own database. They will share the images, templates and media folders. The slaves will not share users.

I have created a slave site, it has a copy of the database in its own database. When I go to the slave site and change the article type from Article Layout to MultiContent Article layout, I have the Site pulldown menu which I set to Master, then I select the article from the article list (which I know is showing me the master list of articles, not the slave site list of articles) and save. I now go to the frontend of the site and go to the new menu item for the MultiContent Article and I see the article. So, I then go back into the backend of the slave site and unpublish the copy of that article on the slave site. Now go back to the frontend and try and view the MultiContent Article again. This time I get a 404 error. So, it looks like even though the menu item is set to show the Master copy of the article the slave site is still trying to get the local copy of the article, not the master site copy.

Any ideas what could be causing this behavior?

This is how I have the slave template setup that I created the slave site from:
Template site (*): < Master Site > ( username_dbname, jos)
To site ID (*): {site_id}
Admin User (*): admin
Share the whole site: NOT CHECKED
New DB server: localhost
New DB Name: username_{site_id}
New DB User: username_{site_id}
New DB Password: SQL@{site_id}
New DB Prefix (*): jos_
Specific slave site folders
Master site folder: /home/username/public_html
Deployment folder: {site_dir}
Create the deployed folder: CHECKED
Alias link:
Path to Media folder:
Path to Image folder:
Templates (themes) folder:

I am not sharing users.

The really annoying thing is that I took a copy of the site and made a staging site, installed the multisite software and setup a slave site. I don't have this problem on the staging site, the articles are being shared just fine. I have looked how the multisite template is set on the staging site and the live site and they look identical except for the username being different in the 2 templates.

Note that I am using a cPanel host and the slaves sites have been setup as addon domains to the master site in its hosting account. I have had the extra database privledges added to all the databases.

I really need to know where to look or what to do to get the article sharing working.
line49
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/10/17 20:26 By line49.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla