English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Setting up TEMPLATE, Need help
Setting up TEMPLATE, Need help 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: -1
Ok, I just bought the newest version and I'm looking for some help getting my template setup.

I want to be able to have the master site duplicated when I create a subsite. In the Deployment folder I'm wondering how to setup the field.

It is my understanding you can have variables and I'm thinking "{multisites}/{site_id}" is how to fill this in? Is this correct?

Also, I'm not sure how the database name is created? I have {site_id} in the DB Prefix fields so does that mean the database name will be the Site ID? Also is the site ID the word or the ID number of the slave site?

j
Jweber72
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/10/10 04:09 By Jweber72.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Setting up TEMPLATE, Need help 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
To replicate the master, get inspired of tutorial video 13 or 16 or CP-05 that show some sample of JMS templates menu.

You have to select the "template site" = <master_db> as this is the wesbite that you want to replicate.
When using the prefix = {site_id}_ that mean that you create the new website with this table prefix resolved with the Site ID that you will enter in the JMS Mnanage menu.
If you let the "New DB " parameter empty, this mean that you create the new website in the same DB (here in the sample in the same DB than the master).

The deployed directory must be in line with the domain name that you have specified and its location on the disk.
So if you have setup the domainA.com located in document root = [HOME DIR or your mater]/multisites/domainA
then your deployed directory is {multisites}/{site_id} when Site ID = domainA.

This is also the case when domain = {site_url}/multisites/{site_id}.
In this case the location on the disk for the deployed direcotry = {site_dir} that is the equivalent of {multisites}/{site_id}
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla