English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave sites not getting css
Slave sites not getting css 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello

I have the sites setup as in your tutorial "How to create a slave site with specific images, media and templates folders."

The site that I am using to replicate is setup as a subdomain.

Then I have a template setup like the following:

copy the templates folder
copy the images folder

Path to Media folder: {rel_site_dir}/images
Path to Image folder: {rel_site_dir}/images/stories
Templates (themes) folder: {site_dir}/templates

Now .. When I create a slave everything works as it should. I have the images \ templates setup correctly. I am running across a weird issue. All of the templates that are replicated work fine BUT when I try and manually install a template it goes to the right spot but the css isn't being applied.

The paths are right but when I look in the error log it is still looking into the root of the main site /var/www/html instead of /var/www/html/multisites/133joomlabo

If I edit the css in the site backend the path is correct.

Any ideas?
Thanks
Dave
DaveC
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave sites not getting css 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
As explained in the tutorial video CP-05, most of the templates or extensions does not use the Global Configuration "media settings" and the JPATH_THEMES defined present in Joomla. In general, they hardcode /images and /templates.
When this is the case, that means that you must have website that keep this directory structure and you can not modify the path.

That mean that you must configure your doman or subdomain in your HTTP Server to have specific root document directory.
In this case, you have to put in JMS the deploy directory = to the specific root document directory that you have specified in your HTTP Server.
If you want that the slave site be able to have a specific (themes) /templates directory where it can install additional templates then see tutorial video 0.b slide 34
action = special copy
Themes folder = {deploy_dir}/templates.

As each domain or subdomain have not a speciifc directory, you can just use in JMS template images folder action = copy
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla