English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other
Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

my problem is as follows:

My configuration

Master installation
Slave1 from Master (Corporate Site)
Slave1x (for settlements)

Now the Problem:

We have one Corporate Site and 60 settlements in 60 different Cities. Every settlement has it's own Site admin. Users can't login to the Sites so we don't use any front-end action. The Sites are administrated only from back-end.

What I need is, that the admins of each settlement use their own database table prefix for it's users. A few month ago I figured out how to make it, but after a update it got away and i 've forgotten how I made it. The settlement admins are NOT allowed to login to the Corporate Site.

The Sites are organized with subdomains as city1.domain.com, city2.domain.com etc.

This is the Scheme I need:

Corporate Site (slave1) should use table -> slave1_users
Subsites should use table-> city1_users, city2_users etc.

On subsite creation, my admin account is replicated and I have access to all sites and additionally I can create the admin account for the admin of the settlements and they have no access to the Corporate Site.

The question is, how to tell jms2win to use the specific prefix_user table for each subsite?
At the moment all users are created in table slave1_users and not in city1_users when i'm logged into city1.
salim
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/08/18 15:57 By salim.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to create fresh slave site, see tutorial video 9 or CP 04 that show you how to create a slave site.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-9
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04
In this case the table prefix is entered in the "advanced" panel during the joomla installation.

If you want to replicate a website, you can get inspired from tutorial video 13, CP-05
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-13
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05
In this case, you can define the new table prefix that must be used during the replication of the website.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

thanks for your answer but I think you didn't understand me.

I have completely installed my Site with jms2win.

I have a Mastersite and derived from this site the slave1 (Corporate Site).
The Corporate Site is replicated to slave1x (childs).

I also have installed Articlesharing and everything is doing what it should do but:

when I log into the backend from slave1x (child), I see the user when I also logged in the backend of slave1 (Corporate Site). All users share the table from the Corporate Site which I don't want.

What I want is:

Users (backend) from slave1 use the database table -> slave1_user
Users (backend) from slave1a use the database table -> slave1a_user
Users (backend) from slave1b use the database table -> slave1b_user etc.

Users (admins) from child sites are absolutely not allowed to log into the Corporate Site, as it is now, they can do that.

Also I need the eventlist extension (only to show on the child sites) the administration of the events is done just and only in the Corporate Site.

Hope you understand my Problem. If it is not possible, will it be in Joomla 1.6 with jms2win?
salim
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
This is exactly the same solution that I seek.

Did you figure it out yet?
danshaffer317
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I had figured it out for a few months. Then I made an update of Joomla and jms but updated jms in the Child Site and I had some sort of weird functionality.

So I made everything new as I did a few months ago, but have forgotten how I configured it.

If I remember right, it has to do with the domain names in the config_multisites file. Frst time as I figured it out, I did it in try and error but hadn't made a backup of the config_multisites file.

It's sad to see that you give money for a product and the only support is a hint to some video's (which don't help with the specific problem).
salim
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave users shall NOT be able to log in each other 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't understand how you can update jms in a child site.

The update must always be performed on the master and I remember you that normally all the PHP code is normally the same.
The slave site (child) normally share the files and folders of the master.

I don't understand why you want to modify the config_multiisites.cfg file that is an internat JMS Multisites configuration file where are stored the paramters that you setup in "Manage" menu.

Free support is provided from this forum.
If you want a specific support, we also have a billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
In this case, we will have a look with you on your server and you will explain you what we are doing on your website
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla