English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: registration problem
registration problem 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I installed the multisite component on a new website then clicked register and after filling in my username and password I clicked to submit the information.

The page changed to the first page of the website I am working on and will not allow me access to the back end. When I enter the URL complete with /administrator at the end, the address defaults to /index.php and only shows the front page. I cannot get the login page to appear.

Has anybody any clues as to how to proceed?

Dave
dabo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: registration problem 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

Further to the above: Using my FTP client I uninstalled the Installation directory that the component installs. I was able access the back end.

I removed the component and stated again, everything was fine until I tried to install the patches - I was taken to the front page of the site again and again no access to the back end. Once I had uninstalled the Installation directory again I was able to login through the back end.

Have I missed something - all I did was to upload the component and follow instruction.

Dave
dabo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: registration problem 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Can you describe if the patches are installed (except the installation directory one) when you have removed the installation directory to login.

Which version of Joomla are you using ?
Which version of JMS are you using ? If Joomla >= 1.5.16 it is recommended to use a JMS >= 1.2.27

See release not
www.jms2win.com/faq/change-history-v12x/...y-joomla-1516-php-53
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/07/23 16:00 By edwin2win.

Re: registration problem 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your reply.

I have had to wait for the hosting people to sort out permissions. My client insisted on using an IT company who, it turns out, have no history of installing a CMS of any sort.

I have installed the Multisites component on sites in the past and never had any problems but I feel that I may need to ask for advice with this one.

Once again thank you for your response and I apologize for not getting back sooner.

Dave
dabo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla