English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Master in subdirectory
Master in subdirectory 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi,

i want to install the master of master in a sudirectory called "master" because the master installation should be empty without any content.

In the rootdirectory i want to run a slavesite with content

and some more slavesites in a subdirectory.

But i dont work...

When i want to create a new slavesite in the subdirectory i get an error...
"unable to create target folder"

Whe i install the master in the root directory it works fine...

pls help me
florianhuber
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Master in subdirectory 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
The problem is that when you install a master in a subdirectory of a domain then you can no more used this domain in a slave site domain.

You have to install the master website in a directory beside you "main" domain and use for example a subdomain like "master.domain.com" that you locate in a specific place that does not create conflict in terms of domain name dependencies.

In addition want to create a slave site definition that will be stored in a "parent" directory may create link definitions with name conflicts.

It is not possible to want creating a slave site "www.domain.com" that is a slave of "www.domain.com/master".
If you would arrive to decribe such www.domain.com into JMS, this will convert the www.domain.com/master as a slave site as the "www.domain.com" would be recognized as a slave.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Master in subdirectory 14 Years ago Karma: 0
If I understand correctly, as long as the master is in a subdomain, the main domain can be a slave?
So if I have master.domain.com as a defined subdomain I CAN have a slave site which is www.domain.com? Even though www.domain.com/master/ is the actual location?
marq
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Master in subdirectory 14 Years ago Karma: 54
You can have the www that is a slave of the master when the location on the disk of the master is not a subdirectory of your www website like you illustrated it with the www.domain.com/master

When the subdomain is beside the main direcrtory then your www.domain.com/master should not reply as the directory does not exists.

See the tutorial video 0.b slide 22-24 that present a generic directory structure that take in account the security and also ensure that each website have a specific directory that is disconnected of each slave site. The suggested directory structure also take in account the "public_html" directory and also "private" directory that you may need in specific cases.
edwin2win
graph

It looks like you have 2 joomla installations in video 0.b slide 21; jd/domains and jd/subdomains. It this correct?
marq
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

My main confusion is this: Where is your FIRST Joomla installation with the multisites extension? in ROOT?
marq
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla