English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Using JMS with subdomains
Using JMS with subdomains 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi there!

First let me say that i HAVE been searching the forums but to no avail.. I simply do not have the time to sort through all the irrelevant posts the search returns. I do apologise for posting this however....

I am finding JMS to be quite confusing. All i want to do is the following....

I wish to use the files located at www.getmethat.info to replicate sites into subdomains such as accountants.getmethat.info, plumbers.getmethat.info, etc etc

each will use it's own database and the ONLY bit of shared information to be updated between DB's is the community builder data.

I am using Cpanel, subdomains are created, symbolic links are allowed and yet I get nothing....

can someone point me to a tutorial video? a step by step guide that covers this?

Do I need to use a master site that still has the Joomla installation folder and files?
I have a hundred questions and no idea where to start. Help would be appreciated.

Thanks Much

Roy aka MarocoMedia
marocomedia
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Using JMS with subdomains 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If your questions, there are several keywords:
- cPanel
- subdomain
- require to share Community Builder.

Based that, this mean that you must first create websites to share the users like presented in the tutorial video 16
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-16
Share the user is an operation that can only be performed when you create the website (its DB tables).

As you mentionned that you are working on cPanel, this means that you must also see the tutorial video CP-02 www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-02
and the limiatation of cPanel to share the MySQL tables.
You need to increase the MySQL user privileges.
See the tutorial video 0.b slide 35 that show PHPMyAdmin privileges and what must be enable when using cPanel.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-0b
edwin2win
graph

Re:Using JMS with subdomains 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
It seems I am [or was] not the only one who can't get his head around the whole "template" issue.

It is the part like this that give me head-ache: " It is possible to use sub-directory which is computed based on some parameters provided by the user. In particular, it is possible to define a domain name alias." What?

I mean using examples like master1.demo.jms2win.com/slave1 is not going to help to understand what's going on. This is paid component and manual is part of the deal. If you feel the price does not cover your expenses then increase the JMS price upfront but provide decent tutorial, not half-baked one.
miasto
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Using JMS with subdomains 13 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla