English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiwebsites and multidatabases. Best way for me?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiwebsites and multidatabases. Best way for me?
Multiwebsites and multidatabases. Best way for me? 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I just started with this component and I did a small master (not completed, about traveling)

www.mappingthailand.com

On the left tree menu, it's all cities of Thailand. LEFT.
On the main menu, you have hotels, restaurants, bars.

I want ONE FORUM for all websites (DONE). ONE users database (CAN DO). ONE template. (EASY)

But on EACH websites, the restaurants list will be different.
The hotels will be different. And the articles also. So, there are some common database and some other only for a website.

Example, at www.koratmap.com (one of the websites), in the MAIN MENU, I would like different hotels, restaurants, BASICALLY A DIFFERENT MAIN MENU ON EACH WEBSITE.

But all same Tree menu.... on each website, for links between website, as example.
I think I need your components about menu.
What is the best for this idea?

Also, a question about SEO: Do you know if common texts on all websites affects the google page rank because it's not ORIGINAL?

Thanks.

Sebastien.
isaanlawyers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

One more question.... I was solved other problems 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
OK. I've learned a lot today.

a) You can share a template between websites and components

b) Each website must have ONE database or share one database. I believe you can not put 2 databases on one joomla site. Right?

c) I do understand you can share menus and articles with other "extensions" of jms2win

I was able to move databases, create subdomains and different websites, using same template.

One question still to resolve, I believe the answer is YES.

Can we, on multiple websites, each having a different database, share USERS. I think yes, you must make a command. Don't know yet how.

So, it means each website will have a different database, might share some articles with the extension AND will share the same users.

Is that possible?

Thanks.
isaanlawyers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: One more question.... I was solved other problems 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning google ranking, there are plenty of factors not published by google and we can not tell you exactly how google process such case. We just think that duplicate content (articles) may affect the position as the google webmaster tool give the possibility to select which domain must be considered as the "primary" domain.

a) YES you can share the templates directory.
See tutorial video 0.b - slides 30-34
In JMS template, go in files and folder tab and on the "templates" directory set the action = "special copy".

b) NO.
With JMS, when you share extension, JMS create links between the tables of the different websites.
When the differents websites are located into different DB, it is important that you use the same MySQL user that must be granted on both DBs.
Concerning the links between the DBs, see the slide 35 that show how to change the MySQL user privilieges.

To avoid such MySQL setting or admnistration, it is easier to put the different website into the same DB. All depends also if you have a full access (root login) on the server and MySQL to setup the privileges.

c) Concerning the menu, this is the items of the menu and not the menu topic.
Concerning the "Article Sharing for JMS", this also work on different DB.

So if you have full control on your server this is possible to setup your server to have the permission and privilges to do that.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla