English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multisites breaks when shipping changed on master
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multisites breaks when shipping changed on master
Multisites breaks when shipping changed on master 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi,

I have successfully set up multisites with several sites and only sharing the Virtuemart user.

When I got to the shipping setup, I could NOT get rid of the "Standard shipping module".

Virtuemart docs and forum say to untick admin/configuration/shipping/flex shipping. I do this but the "Standard shipping module" is still there in all sites. A real pain!

If I go to the master website and remove the "Standard shipping module" it breaks all the multisites in the checkout process where you ask for shipping or when a shopper tries to create an account. This is because the
administrator/components/com_virtuemart/virtuemart.cfg.php changes.

I wonder how to get around this???

I've tried deleting slave sites, untick flex shipping, create slave sites but "Standard shipping module" is still shown in the checkout process. I don't care how to get rid of it... Just want "standard shipping" gone!

Any help REALLY appreciated!
Bendo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multisites breaks when shipping changed on master 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
The problem is that Payment Method and also the Shiping configuration is common to all the websites because VirtueMart store the configuratoin in files on the disk instead of in DB.

The only solution is to modify the PHP code of the specific shipment service that you are using.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla