English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Strange Behavior After Slave Site Deletion
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Strange Behavior After Slave Site Deletion
Strange Behavior After Slave Site Deletion 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm sure this is related to something I did incorrectly, but here's the issue...

I was experimenting with templates and creating/deleting slave sites. I created a site at one point using the prefix js2_. Then I deleted this site. Then I created a new site using js2_ as well... and now that site and the one I deleted are showing up. If I delete the newest one, they both disappear. But if I recreate another site using js2_ the old one shows up again. How do I simply flush all references to js2_ so that I can reuse it?

I've tried deleting the problem site as noted in the image above and selecting No to deleting database content, but then the new site seems to lose its db connection info:

If I then delete the new site it doesn't give me the option to delete database content, and when i try recreating it I'm back to where I started (with the new site and the old problem site). Also, at this point, the js2_ tables still remain in the db.
mediacake
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/04/29 12:50 By mediacake.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Strange Behavior After Slave Site Deletion 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
I have noticed that you have used the same DB connection for both website.
So when you delete a slave site, you have to take care that you do not delete the DB table used by the other slave.

Perhaps you have deployed the 2 differents slaves sites into the same directory.
Or you are using the FTP layer and used the same FTP Root directory for both slave sites.

So if you delete the DB table when you delete the slave, this is normal that this affect the other slave site.
If you have used the same deploy directory then same reason as you will delete this directory when you delete the slave.

So investigate :
- on the deploy directory,
- on the db and table prefix used;
- on the FTP layer usage and the FTP root directory
edwin2win
graph

Re:Strange Behavior After Slave Site Deletion 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the reply.

I'm using the same DB for all sites - just changing the prefix between them. At this point I just want to nuke all references to js2_. I've tried deleting the following:

The new site through the JMS UI.
The "ghost" site through the JMS UI.
The db tables beginning with js2_.
Any folders in /multisites/ that don't belong.

After doing all of that, when I create a new site using the js2_ prefix, the "ghost" site reappears.

I'm not using the FTP layer on any of my sites. What I'm thinking right now that may be the issue (though I have no idea how to fix it) is that at one point I used {site_url} in the To site ID field of my template. The site_url in this case was dev.bookingspro.com (which happens to be the "ghost" site that's appearing in the image AND the url of the master site). If that's not the issue, I really don't know what is. And if it IS the issue, I have no idea how to fix it.
mediacake
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Strange Behavior After Slave Site Deletion 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry but in your screenshot, I see two different slave site with the SAME DB and PREFIX.

So check the deploy directory, the site prefix, ....

If you want to have independent websites and avoid side effect, you have to provide different values.

If you want to remove a slave site without deleting the table prefix, just say "no" when it display the screen confirmation for the delete "db".

If you delete both the slave site, this mean that you have put a wrong deploy folder that is identical to both websites.

If you want that we have a look on your server, you can use our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla