English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: install of patches
Re:install of patches 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,
Further to your kind assistance, I've tried to install the JMS in a Production Server but alas I've been struggling to repaet what you've done in a matter of seconds over our Test system.
I've beeen looking around and perhaps it could be of help if the system would tell which first files/ directory falls into error. I m not confortable about chmod 777 everything...
Just a though.
Thaks anyway,
NonoFr
NonoFr
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:install of patches 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I had similar problems and ended up just ftp'ing my local host image with patches applied...and it's been smooth sailing from there...hope that helps
el patron
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/02/12 00:20 By el patron.

Re:install of patches 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
When there is a permission error, unfortunatelly, the standard joomla low level API does not provide additional informtation.
This is probably for security reason.
Therefore JMS does not received the information concerning the origin of the problem.
The only solution in this case if you want to have a better report of the reason would be to modify the standard joomla "JFolder" or "JFile" class or also the one that "unzip" the files to add traces.

It is not in the objective of JMS to modify Joomla when this is not absolutelly required and here mainly when this is in development.
We already tried to see if it was possible to increase the level of trace of joomla to report more info but we have not found any possibility yet.

If you are losing time to search the reason, we also have a billable support that you can use and we will add traces in the joomla core to identify the reason.
Traces that we will remove just after the diagnosis.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla