English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: User Sharing Is not Working
User Sharing Is not Working 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am currently unable to get the user sharing to work. I have followed the directions and am currently able to setup slave sites as often as I like but I cannot make the user sharing work. I can copy all the info from the Master DB but nothing I do makes the single sign on work. Can someone please shed some light on this or at least point me to a good step by step tutorial? I went through the documentation but that has not been helpful.

Tim
Kate Koch
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: User Sharing Is not Working 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
First, sharing the Joomla users and single sign-in are totally different things.

Second, to cross-check the user sharing, use the JMS tool menu and select the "table" tabs of the slave site that share another website.
You should find links between the MySQL users tables.
The list of tables that must be linked are the one that you can find in the JMS template / sharing tabs.

This depends on the joomla version.

You need at least the #__sessions tables, #__users tables and also the tables that are responsible of the ACL.

Review the tutorial video 16 that show a case on how to share the MySQL users.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16

When the users are correctly shared, you should be able to modify the user name in one website and it would be reflected on the other website (as this is the same and unique data).
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/05/24 22:55 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla