English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

converting a slave site into a standalone site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: converting a slave site into a standalone site
Re:converting a slave site into a standalone site 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok...that seems easy enough!

Just to clarify...

create new cpanel account and copy the whole original site to it

Remove the Addon domain from the original

Create the Addon Domain in the new cpanel account

Q > Is the home directory path to be the same as in the original site (home/domains/site.com/public_html? If not, what would you suggest?

This is where I'm getting a bit stuck.
Firstly, after the above I'm getting these errors when I call the new Addon Domain

Warning: fopen(/home/c0mmun1t/public_html/index.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/totalliv/domains/community-i-westlancs.com/public_html/index.php on line 7

Warning: filesize() [function.filesize]: stat failed for /home/c0mmun1t/public_html/index.php in /home/totalliv/domains/community-i-westlancs.com/public_html/index.php on line 8

Warning: fread() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/totalliv/domains/community-i-westlancs.com/public_html/index.php on line 8

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /home/totalliv/domains/community-i-westlancs.com/public_html/index.php on line 9

Also, I'm not too sure what you mean when you say 'give a new document root' for the new cpanel account?

I guess I'm close(ish) to getting there, but am just lacking that crucial bit of understanding in the final stages!!

Paul
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:converting a slave site into a standalone site 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
When you change of cPanel account the path is different.
So you have to ajust depenting on your new "document root".

You can not access the location of another domain because the owner ship is not the same. (You are not using the same cPanel account / login).

In the error message that you report, it seems that you have backup the slave site directory and not the master because you seems call the index.php located in the master.

Verify that you have effectivelly backup/restore the master before uninstalling the patches.
edwin2win
graph

Re:converting a slave site into a standalone site 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Hope you've recovered from our sesson earlier!

It's funny cos I'd actually got to the stage where I'd got the blank page instead of the site too and I though I'd done something wrong!

Anyway, can you remember what files you uploaded to correct the issue?

Was it just the latest joomla package?

Cheers

Paul
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:converting a slave site into a standalone site 11 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
As you can read many times in this forum, the blank page is the symptom of a php fatal error somewhere.
In general, you can find more info in the "error_log" file.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla