English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Regarding admin panel component blank screen
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Regarding admin panel component blank screen
Regarding admin panel component blank screen 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I am using multisite component. Everything is working fine but i have upgraded php version to 5.3.10 , all of a sudden admin panel multisite component section went blank.
I have tested the same in my localhost with php 5.3.8 version. It is working fine. Provide me solution for this. Also if possbile provide me the patches.
stephen_napoles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Regarding admin panel component blank screen 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have blank screen, this probably mean that you have a FATAL PHP error.
As you mentioned this is related to PHP 5.3.10, you can probably find a "error_log" that provide more information concerning the PHP Fatal error.

To give you a solution, we need to be able reproduce it and please give us the detailed information concerning the PHP Fatal error that you have with PHP 5.3.10.

Remark: PHP 5.3.10 is at "End of live".
The latest PHP version is 5.3.13
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/07/02 11:37 By edwin2win.

Re:Regarding admin panel component blank screen 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Where can i find the logs . Currently i have opened controller.php and gone to the template function and added error_reporting(-1);.
I got the below things.

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /local/apps/rxapi/apache/htdocs/sc17/administrator/components/com_multisites/controller.php on line 248

Strict Standards: Only variables should be assigned by reference in /local/apps/rxapi/apache/htdocs/sc17/administrator/components/com_multisites/controller.php on line 249

Strict Standards: Declaration of JFTP::get() should be compatible with that of JObject::get() in /local/apps/rxapi/apache/htdocs/sc17/libraries/joomla/client/ftp.php on line 1459

Please provide me solution for this. Frontend of the site is working fine. Also from admin end i can able to access check patches and settings.
stephen_napoles
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Regarding admin panel component blank screen 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Strict notification is NOT an error but just an information.

So this is not the reason of the Fatal error and blank screen.

As in the path I see something like "htdocs", I suppose you have a specific location where the log file is store.
With cPanel, this is generally the "error_log" file.
Ask you hosting provider where the PHP log file is stored.

Sometimes this is located in a "logs" directory like
/local/apps/rxapi/apache/logs or log

You can also disable the STRICT notification message in the php.ini
They provide plenty of flag to enable/disable the level of error reporting.
In production (live), it is recommended to disable all the error displayed upon screen.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/07/05 10:47 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla