English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6
Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I updated Joomla from 2.5.4 to 2.5.6 and now on the slave sites (slave1 and slave1.x) this is shown when I click "extensions/Database"

First Time there are 5 entries to fix in the database. After I clicked "fix" there are still the entries shown below.

The Database is not the latest (Free translated, I have the German Version)

and then

The Column 'lastResetTime' is not in Table 'holding_users' (from File: 2.5.5.sql.)
The Column 'resetCount' is not in Table 'holding_users' (from File: 2.5.5.sql.)

The table "holding_users" is just users from slave named holding.

Then I updated JCE in the master site and the slave sites show the new version, but the Joomla updatesystem says that JCE is not updated. Is this just a cosmetique problem?
Plotec
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/06/21 12:47 By Plotec.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Go in the slave site back-end / "extension manager" / database and click "fix" for the DB.

As Joomla may change the DB structure for a new build, this may require to fix the DB structure. This is the reason why Joomla introduced the DB / fix functionality in Joomla 2.5

If you share the joomla users between the websites, you probably need to re-share the users because MySQL keep a snapshot of the tables structure when it creates a link. So the link must be deleted (dropped) and rebuild to take in account the new table structure. This will require to do that with PHPMyAdmin to drop the links (views) and open / save the slave site to rebuild the sharing that you have defined in your JMS template rule. Verify your JMS templates rule to ensure that you didn't modified it and it still contain the sharing of the users as you expect it.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I did click the "fix" button in extensions/database and from 5 problems, this 2 are still there. And yes, I share the users between the websites.

If I delete the table xxx_users in phpmyadmin it says following:

SQL-Befehl:

DROP TABLE `holding_users`

MySQL meldet: Dokumentation
#1051 - Unknown table 'holding_users'

or what do you mean with "drop the (links) views"? I don't see links in the table. Please explain what I have to do in phpmyadmin.

UPDATE
Ok, I found out that there are "real" and "linked" tables in phpmyadmin. The real tables I can delete but how can I delete the "linked" tables?
Plotec
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/21 13:49 By Plotec.

Re: Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Before to drop anything in the DB, ensure that you have backup of your DB.

Normally with PHPMyAdmin, you should see your "holding_users" in the list of tables/views
You have a "drop" icon in PHPMyAdmin that will execute the appropriate drop command.
As this is a link you should have a "drop view holding_users".

DO NOT delete the physical table. Otherwise you will loose your data.
Only the link (view) can be deleted as they does not contain anything data - just a reference to another table.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Database Problems after Joomla update to 2.5.6 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I can't delete or drop anything in the database. Maybe it has to do with my provider (1and1).
From the slave tables, some are (in use) and some look normal. The tables which are (in use) are the linked tables and I can't drop them. The "normal" tables I can drop.

My solution for now was:
Because there was not much content in the first slave, I backed up the "normal" tables with individual content from the slave and deleted the slaves from within the multisites extension which also deletes the tables in the database. Then I made the slave new and played the backed up "normal" tables back. And because the slave slaves are empty for now I created them new, too. But this can't be the way if the slaves and slave slaves are full of content.
Plotec
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you have table in use, try using the action repair present in PHPMyAdmin.
The reason why it is in use is probably due to the fact that fields are not present in the table and that this cause the "in use".

Normally the "in use" should disapear to let you drop the view after.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla