English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Database connection error (2)... please help me!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Database connection error (2)... please help me!
Database connection error (2)... please help me! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin, i wanted to go to multisites in our master site, but got a 500 error. So i went to patches menu item and clicked on "install patches". After this i am blocked out of my joomla admin of the master site. I get this error: Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL. Can you please tell me which steps i have to follow to solve this? thx a lot!

i looked for which files are modified by clicking at "install patches": defines.php, configuration.php and installation directory. The last one was named to "installation-to-delete". Is this because of an update of joomla with akeeba admin tools? I renamed this yet to "installation", but error remains. Database connection seems to be OK in configuration.php.
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/06/12 08:52 By staeren.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Database connection error (2)... please help me! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
i restored the configuration.php file and this solved the problem of joomla admin... i think the configuration.php was screwed up by admin tools (akeeba). Anyone had the same problem? so what do i have to do when i want to update joomla and jms???
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Database connection error (2)... please help me! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
JMS install a patch into the master "configuration.php" file.

I suggest that you compare both "configuration.php" to identify the line that would cause the DB connection error.
I suspect a syntax error somewhere of a special character which could affect the DB connection.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Database connection error (2)... please help me! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
i think there is a little bug in JMS. It is not possible to use "?" in the password of the database in JMS Multisites, i think this "?" is deleted automatically?
As i said, restoring the configuration.php solved the problem. There was a "?" difference in the password of the database...
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Database connection error (2)... please help me! 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you for the feedback concering the "?" present in the DB password that your reported.
I will try reproducing it.
edwin2win
graph

problem again there... when i want to go to multisites control panel i get "JDatabase patch is not installed". When i want to check patches installation i see the first 5 files are OK and configuration.php is OK, all others are "not OK".
When i click on install, i get again the "database could not connect" error message. So how to solve all this please?

i also read this www.jms2win.com/en/forum/26-bugs-errors-...mla-254-not-working. I tried to uninstall patches but get the same error "Database connection error (2): Could not connect to MySQL."
staeren
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/20 09:38 By staeren.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla