English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

JMS with multiple joomla versions.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: JMS with multiple joomla versions.
JMS with multiple joomla versions. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
I know that JMS works by sharing php files (db and install files). By doing this, it is able to create various sites based on the same files and joomla version of course. This means that all sites will have the same joomla version.

My question is: is it possible to setup websites with different joomla versions with JMS?

The reason I want to do this is that I work for a hosting company. Sometimes, customers sometimes develop their sites in different joomla versions. My job is to import those sites into my hosting servers. What if the customer uses joomla 2.5 or 1.7 while the version JMS is installed on is 1.5. This will cause conflict. I just want to know any work arounds.

I have figured that a possible work around is to install the different joomla versions and install JMS on each one of them. That way I would be able to host different joomla versions. But what i'm looking for is to avoid that. I want to host different joomla versions from just a single joomla install which will serve as a master.

any suggestions are very much appreciated. thanks.
nok_bvdc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: JMS with multiple joomla versions. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
You have perfectly understood that the concept of JMS is to share the same joomla application and that you can not have several joomla version into the same directory.

So today, you have to install several joomla version with a master.

The only thing that is technically possible is to share the slave sites definition between the different joomla version. So that each JMS master will manage the same list of sites. This is not recommended because this is the master website that is runing that will decided of the directory structure. This can be inconsistent with the DB content to replicate.

So we don't have work arround to avoid installing several joomla version.
edwin2win
graph

Re: JMS with multiple joomla versions. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the support. I guess I will test it first. Otherwise, I will have to install the versions separately.
nok_bvdc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla