English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site admin user
Slave site admin user 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

I have the following issue.

I have a
1. master site (wedding community site)
2. a slave site as a bases for >>
3. the users own wedding community site

So, 2. takes master as the template site and 3. takes 2. as the template site.

2. has a different design like the master and only one user the super administrator.
The reason is why users are not shared between the sitesis as follows. A user registers in my wedding community and wants to have an own CLOSED wedding community site with his/her own community for his wedding. So he/she creates it, but of course there will be no users from the master site.

And here appears the problem. The user who creates slave site 3. will not be present on his own wedding site (number 3.) as site 3. takes the users (database) from template site 2., where is only the super administrator is present.

For me it is not logic. The user who creates a slave site from the frontend of the master should be there on his own site independently which is the template site of the slave site he creates.

Or am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for your help!

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site admin user 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned that you want that each weedding site have their own users and in the same time, you mentioned that the users are stored in the site 2.

Verify the website dependencies and in particular the sharing.

Based on what you mentioned, I suppose that you want that all the users be registered on the master website (as this is the one that propose the service to create website).
As you want that each wedding site have their own users, I suppose that you are using the "partial user sharing".

If you are using the "Partial User Sharing", you probably have to add the definition of the user for the specific site.
Add automatically the definition of the user in the partial user sharing is something that we already did with specific development for customers who requested a specific layout.
When we did that for a specific customer, we also had to change the group level permission to give more privileges into the new website created.

If you don't use the "partial user sharing" this mean that you share all the users and in this case the same privileges. A super admin in a website is also the super admin in the other website. This is the reason why the "partial user sharing" is require to avoid using the same privileges for all.

If you don't sharing anything (mean each website have their own users), in this case, this is the "new admin user" that you have defined in the JMS Template rule that must be used by the user to connect on its own wedding site. (As each website have their own user).
What you can do is generate a new admin password automatically and enable to send automatically a notification to the user by email with login / password information.
This setup is available in the "menu item" for the creation of the site. See the advanced settings.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave site admin user 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Sorry, but perhaps I wasn't quite clear.
I don't want all the users to be registered on the master.
It is better if I shortly detail the conception.
I want to provide a service for couples who are going to married. The essence of the service is, that couples can create their own wedding site with Jomsocial. So they can have an own site where they can share photos, invite friends for the celebration etc. Logically the couple need a CLOSED community site, they want only those people on the site that they have invited. So they need a site whithout other users. That is slave site 3. Lets assume that their site is johnandmary.wedding.com This site is the couples closed community.

But, the couple (he or she) must be registered on the master site (wedding.com), because they can create a slave site only from the master via a menu in the frontend. To connect the must and the pleasure the master site (wedding.com) is the community site of the young couples in the same time.
So I am John and want to merry mary, and have an own site for the weeding. I register on wedding.com (master), become a member of the young couples community and can create my own wedding site from the master's site frontend called: johnandmary.wedding.com

johnadnmary.wedding.com
- should have be empty from users (I mean this is their own site don't wnat to have users from the master
- should have a different design
This is the reason why I have to insert a template site between the master (wedding.com) and the slave (johnandmary.wedding.com). The inserted site (slae site 2.) have a different design and doesn't have any users, as the couple need an empty site.

And the problem seems to be, if johnandmary.wedding.com takes the database (users and design) from template site 2. then the slave site creator himself, won't be present on his own site as he is registered and present only on the master.

I hope now I was more clear.

Sorry about that.

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave site admin user 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
I understand all except the last sentence when you try re-explain the problem.

In site 1 (master) you register a user johnmary that is ONLY present in the master (as you didn't want to share any users).
When you create the site 3, you copy the site 2 where you have defined a specific 'administration" that you provide to John to allow him connect on their website.

See the tutorial video 14 and 13.
In general, in the demo, we show a user called "fe_admin" that is the "front-end administrator" that is specific to each website.

As there is no connection (or sharing) between site 1, site 2 and site 3, this is normal that you have to create in site 2, a specific admin user that you will provide to each person (site 3) and for which the password can be changed automatically (or choose when creating the slave) to get the access to the back-end of the website.

In general, we recommand to use a restrcited user (like administrator) and not the "super admin".

If your question is to have in site 3 the same user login ("john") available to get access to the back-end then verify the JMS template rule where you can declare the "new admin user name", "new admin login", new admin email, new admin password. In fact, this will rename the selected admin user with all these new values.

In the menu item, you can also use the Advance settings to let the user enter a new email address and new email password.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla