English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

PreSales question about database exchange
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: PreSales question about database exchange
PreSales question about database exchange 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have a few questions before buying Multi Site, which I hope would work.
I understood that multi site is compatible sharing users and also virtuemart.

Here is my case:

Part1:
I own 5 sandwichbars, runned by independent managers, and would like to start with a webshop for each of these and manage the whole thing as boss on one central place.
Unfortunatelly, none of these 5 stores sells for 100% the same stuff at the same price.
So store 1 sales product 1 and 2, while store 2 sales product 2 and 3, but not product 1.
Product 2 has a different price in store 1 than store 2, because of the area it is sold in.
Also, I would like to add 'standard' products by myself in the Home website and push it to the slave websites, but the store manager should be able to also add a few things depending his own creativity and publish some of the standard products in his webstore. This is a monthly update, as a few new recipes are developped from time to time as part of the deal with the managers.
They are free to choose wether or not to put it on the menu.

Part2:
As my managers are indepentend workers, I would like to collect the userdata and the items sold by each store. To analyse the type of products sold, but also to use the customer's data for mailings, rebate vouchers, etc... and that without sharing the data between the stores but by collecting it to one central database.

So my question is off course: can multi site handle this? And which extra packages should be installed to make this work, if any needed?

Thanks,

Olivier
Olivier V
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: PreSales question about database exchange 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The current extension sharing share the full content of the VirtueMart and does not allow creating variant in the VM.
In other words, they will have the same products with the same price.

When we meet the VirtueMart team at "J and Beyond" we discuss about such enhancement in VM2 but I can not tell you if they will do some modification to allow such kind of things.

The idea would be to have different "default" shopper depending on the website.
That would give the possibility to have different price depending on the shopper type.

The concept of the sharing used in JMS really consists in sharing the MySQL tables used by the extension. Therefore, the content is identical and you can not have variant.

Concerning the mailing things, we have discussed with AcyMailing team at "J and Beyond" for modification and they are in a good track. We have a working prototype that sharing things but also restrict the info to specific websites.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla