English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Requires much knowledge most won't have
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Requires much knowledge most won't have
Requires much knowledge most won't have 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Here's the message I just received from the develeoper about setting up this extension for me:
"You can order our billable support at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

A basic setup take 3 hours on cPanel with WHM and PHP MyAdmin with root login.
On Plesk or Direct Admin, this can require 9 hours of support.

When proceeding with billable support, we provide our skype for chat and phone.
We also ask to download the free www.teamviewer.com application to see our desktop during the support.

Best regards
Edwin CHERONT"

If it takes the DEVELOPER 3-9 hours (at $101/hr), trust me, most of us average users have no hope of using this extension. Plus, most users will not have root access.
colacore
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Requires much knowledge most won't have! 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Colacore,

I download the multisite component it was pretty straight forward I had a couple of issues that was because I was doing something out of the norm. I'm able to deploy new sites via a master site very quickly.

As for taking 3-9 hours I don't see that if you follow some of the online documentation it should work pretty well for you.

Best of Luck
Joe
jbourque
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Requires much knowledge most won't have 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Thank you Joe for your testimonial.

Perhaps that Cocacore didn't watch our tutorial videos or is not able to understand them or follow them.
Perhaps also he has a hosting provider that does not provide permissions on files and folders or share info in the DB.

If he has a problem with its hosting provider and if he does not want to purchase support, perhaps he could have a look on www.hostgator.com that provide web hosting (baby account) with a very correct price. Their linux baby account provide a cPanel without any issue and the permission of the files and folder is also correctly setup by this hosting provider. We don't have any issue with this provider and this is also the one that we are using to create the tutorial video for cPanel.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Requires much knowledge most won't have 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I never said this product would NOT work for people. I simply said it requires a great deal of knowledge that MOST people will not have. I do have the necessary access to the entire server.

I posted the quote because I think that it illustrates the point I am making which is, if the developer of the product needs that much time to get his own product working, how can you possibly expect the AVERAGE user to do it with such ease as is suggested? I have installed hundreds of extensions on dozens of joomla sites and have had to use forums to troubleshoot one thing or another to get them working properly. THIS is by far the most difficult extension I have ever used and it's because the developer uses quotes from his manual or points to videos that have already NOT helped. I need plain talk. Dumb it down for me. "this{this}/this{u}" means NOTHING to me. I already saw that in the docs! Seeing it again doesn't solve my ignorance.
colacore
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Requires much knowledge most won't have 13 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I agree with colacore. I spent a lot of time on (trying to) configure JMS. Almost any discussion with the owner ends with his billable support offer. Maybe if you host or support 100+ sites the tool and the cost for support are worth the money.

Indeed there is a lot of documentation but it is not as straight forward as the owner thinks it is. It takes a lot of time to view all available and there is no 'quick startup guide'.

I stopped using JMS: managing 10 sites without the tool is as fast as using the tool when you include the time for waiting for support and trying to find the relevant information in the documentation offered.

Too bad: i think the tool is excellent, but too complex and the owner is a little bit over focused on making money out of support issues.
nkalden
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla