English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: no comment
no comment 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I've installed the component on the master site.

I host 4 domain names in the the same hosting service.

I configured an already installed joomla (slave site) and all the domains were messed up (files deleted on a domain which was not concerned in any way in the slave configuration (domain name or even the folder) an .htaccess and other folders which i cannot delete anymore (using filezilla). It doubled all the domains (which were not concerned by the configuration).

So I cannot say my experience with this component was really a success or incline me using it. If I have to reinstall the files everytime, I have other things to do with my time I'm sorry.

I followed the documentation but it seems that it's not working really well for me.

Sincerely

Laurent (sorry but I have to get by to a complete reinstall of one of the site, since i repare the others, so it seems)

If someone has any hint to erase the foldes created in the slave folder, you are more than welcome
fetchiz
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:no comment 14 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are not allowed to delete the file or folders, this simply mean that the owner of the files or folder is different of the user that request to delete the files and folder.

So you have to check your permission and the owner of the files and folders.
Compare to the owner of the files and folder that you want to delete with the want that is used by the tool that you are using to delete them.

You are probably facing with a permission issue because the Joomla that you have installed has different permission than the "apaches" or IIS permission.
If you have installed Joomla with a privileged user like a root or an administrator this may be the origin of your problem.
When you try to manage those file with Joomla, you will use the apaches or IIS user that may have less privileges than the user that was used to "unzip" or install the files.

Normally, when you are working with shared hosting, the hosting company provide you user that are compatible with the "apaches" or IIS.
We suspect that you are using your own server or dedicated server an that you have used a privileged user that may result in problem for the installation and perhaps also to un-install or deletion of files.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/08/27 14:43 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla