English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

question about the posibilities of JMS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: question about the posibilities of JMS
question about the posibilities of JMS 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I just heard about this add JMS and I'd like to know if it's possible to use it on this case:

- I've got a multitude of website having different domain name and including some articles, news, howto,...

-One of them is the master site ans the others the slave ones.

I'd like to know if it's possible with JMS to update for example one article on the master site and that this article update in he same time on all the other slaves sites (as if the articles rubriks of all the websites depends on the master site ==> sharing a database) whereas the news rubrik can ben independant for each websites.

Globally speaking, is it possible to manage some rubriks of the websites with the master sites and that the slave site are dependant of and that some others rubrisk are in the same time different for each websites?

Thank you
coreysic
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:question about the posibilities of JMS 14 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Joomla multisite itself does not share the content of the database between the websites.
See FAQ www.jms2win.com/faq#sec-72.

We have developped a specific extension "Article Sharing for JMS" that allow display articles coming from any website defined in JMS.
See www.jms2win.com/download?page=shop.produ...34&category_id=1

With the article sharing, you can for example ask in a slave site to display a category present in the master website or in any website.
Imagine that you have a corporate with different branches and that you want create several website for the different branches but also display articles coming from the head office. You can create a special category in the head office website where you will put all the articles that you want display in the branches website.
In the branches website, you will just have to define a menu item that display a blog or list category coming from head office website.
The article sharing component is able to read any articles defined in any DB associated to the JMS site identifier. The article will be displayed using the themes (template) of the slave site. Therefore a same article can have different layout depending on the slave site where it is displayed.

For the moment, only the "Article Sharing" component exisits.
I have not yet developped an equivalent for the news or other joomla component.

In JMS 1.2.x that will coming soon (in few weeks), it will also be possible to share some extension and in particular the Joomla users, VirtueMart user, all VirtueMart, Community Builder and perhaps other extensions.
This new sharing feature in JMS will require MySQL 5.1.2 or higher.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/06/02 18:13 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla