English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Site Error from module that I uninstalled
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Site Error from module that I uninstalled
Site Error from module that I uninstalled 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I uninstalled Jevents and now when I go into the manage sites and open/save the site, I get the following error:

Table/View Error [1146] query [CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW CHILD_jev_users AS SELECT * FROM `PARENT_jev_users`]. DB Error: Table 'DATABASENAME.PARENT_jev_users' doesn't exist SQL=CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW CHILD_jev_users AS SELECT * FROM `PARENT_jev_users`

How do I go about completely removing all references to JEVENTS?

I am receiving this error on one of the other slave sites when I save it.

Unable to create the symbolic link [modules] -> [/home2/univerx4/public_html/wwwjm_reverse/modules].
itsonlycomputers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/11/24 22:15 By itsonlycomputers.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Site Error from module that I uninstalled 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
When you decide to remove an extension from the master website, it is recommended that you start to uninstall the extension in all the slave site to avoid they continue to use something that you have removed from the master.

You can go for example in the JMS Tools and "uninstall" the extension in the slave sites.

Once you have removed the extension, also update the JMS Templates where you have declared to "shared" it. In your case, it seems that a JMS Templates rules still declare that you want to share the JEvents after you have uninstalled it from joomla.

In summary, before to uninstall an extension from Joomla, ensure that you don't use it anymore in any slave and in any JMS Template rule.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Site Error from module that I uninstalled 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I understand what you are saying, however, I did uninstall from the slave sites prior to uninstalling from master.

I do not have references to any JEVENT module, component or plugin under any of the websites. However, under tables, it is showing #__jev_users as a table.

How do I remove that and any other potential reference to JEVENTS.
itsonlycomputers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Site Error from module that I uninstalled 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I was able to resolve the JEVENTS Issue. I had Attend Events installed as well and there was one module still active.

However, I still have this problem on one of my slave sites.

Unable to create the symbolic link [modules] -> [/MYPATH/modules].

How do I go about diagnosing and resolving the problem.?

Joomla 1.5.22
Version 1.2.43 (Latest available: 1.2.43)
Patches definition Version 1.2.49 (Latest available: 1.2.49)

Thanks
David
itsonlycomputers
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/11/25 00:21 By itsonlycomputers.

Re: Site Error from module that I uninstalled 13 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have an error on a Symbolic Link creation, check that the path is correct.
Check also if you don't already have a physical directory at this location and not a symbolic link.
If you have a physical directory, you have this error because you can not create the symbolic link to replace the physical directory.

You can also have this error message in case where you already have a Symbolic Link that point to another location than the one displayed in the error message.

If you already have a physical directory or a symbolic link with another location that you want to replace with the new Symbolic Link, start to delete the existing directory (or symbolic link) before rebuilding the new Symbolic Link
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla