English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Banner and Contact slave image folder problem
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Banner and Contact slave image folder problem
Banner and Contact slave image folder problem 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,
i've just installed the multisites component into my joomla installation, and I'm having a problem with the slave image folder. The problem is that when I add a new banner or contact into the slave site, I'm able to see all the images from the master site. I'd like to point the Banner 'Image Selector' and the Contact 'Image folder' into a specific folder of my slave site. How can I change this configuration?

www.sau.unb.br/cpd/images/adding_banner_folder_problem.png

www.sau.unb.br/cpd/images/adding_contact_folder_problem.png
mladeira
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/21 22:43 By mladeira.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Banner and Contact slave image folder problem 14 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
All depends on your environment.
The following answer is applicable for the most frequent case that is Unix with Symbolic Link allowed.
In this case, you can define a slave site with specific images and media folders.
Here it is typical values that you can use

Deploy folder = {site_dir}
media = images
images = images/stories

You can also modify those path in the Joomla Global Configuration.

Remark: This suppose that you have configure the domain or sub-domain with the {site_dir} location and not the master root directory path.

So if you have configured your hosting server to have a specific directory to each website and that you have provided this specific path to JMS then you will have a specific path for the images and media folder for each slave site.

Search in this forum and you will retreive several identical answer to a similar request.

In general, you can have a look in the (?) beside the field and you will find the typical values.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2009/07/21 23:26 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla