English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12345
TOPIC: 403 Error
Re:403 Error 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I contact the host and their system is not configured to follow sym links. Do you have a hosting service you could recommend?

Thanks
dauricejordan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:403 Error 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If the Symbolic Link is not allowed, JMS can work if the slave sites are domain or sub-domain and when you assign the same directory than the master website.
See tutorial step 4 to 8.
So you have to setup your hosting server with the same directory for ALL for each domain or sub-domain or use alias definition on the master website.
edwin2win
graph

Re:403 Error 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I changed my hosting service and was able to get fassionate to work under

www.knownogood.com/multisites/fassionate

However, how do I get www.fassionate.com to remain www.fassionate.com instead of www.knownogood.com/multisites/fassionate?

I have www.fassionate.com mapped to www.knownogood.com in my Godaddy account.

I want a user to only www.fassionate.com when the user navigates that site.

Also, how do I share content between the slave and master but have the template be different?

Thanks
dauricejordan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2009/02/27 03:25 By dauricejordan.

Re:403 Error 15 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
This is in the setup of your Hosting Server that you have specify the same directory path than the master.
If you don't know the path, create for example a slave site called "slave1" with URL = "slave1.com" and nothing else.
This will create a slave site that must have exactly the same directory path than the master.
See the message that will be displayed in blue when the website will be created.
Copy paste it somewhere to keep it if you want.
It writes you in the message the directory path that you have to specfy in your hosting server.
If you can the domain name by the real domain that you will setup in the hosting server tool, this should work.
All the stuff is in your hosting server configuration and not really in JMS as you don't have to specify anything. JMS only display you what you have to enter in your hosting server.
edwin2win
graph

Re:403 Error 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I'm sorry but I do not understand what you are saying. Please explain again. What do I need to change with my host?
dauricejordan
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:403 Error 15 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
You say the you want to replace a sub-directory (www.knownogood.com/multisites/fassionate) by a real domain (www.fassionate.com) and that you are using GoDaddy.
You just have to define you domain and specify it the exisiting directory currently assigned by your sub-directory.

See the FAQ on GoDaddy hosting configuration that could help you.
/faq#sec-78

When your GoDaddy is correctly configured, you just have to add domain www.fassionate.com and fassionate.com to your existing site definition of the domain www.knownogood.com/multisites/fassionate

If you have used special image, media or themes folder, I suggest you that the new domain that you will define in GoDaddy have the directory path to your current sub-directory path (...../multisites/fassionate)
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2009/03/09 01:49 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12345
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla