English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Backend Acess Problem
Re: Backend Acess Problem 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
When you applied the patch, it may be normal that you are not able to login immediately on the master as the session might be still have an incorrect value.
Perhaps you have to what the timeout (15 minutes) before to retry.

This is all the section that must be put in comment.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Backend Acess Problem 13 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

Would like to inform you that after applying the patch, the backend access was working on the master and NOT on the slaves.

I am using one db for the master and another for the slaves.

On my Website template I had the users table shared.

Once I stopped the user share the system started working fine.

Anyways must say great component, and you folks are definitely geniuses.

Best Wishes,
Santosh
santoshr25
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/08/07 07:53 By santoshr25.

I will retry reproducing the problem but we already tried without success. So we will rety again.
edwin2win
graph

Hi, Some more tests and observations [I have the patch applied to application.php].

1. If I created the slave in the same database with a different prefix and have shared the users in the website creation template, then there is the session issue in both fronetend and backend.

2. If i create the slave in a different database, then the session problem is fixed.

3. If i create the slave in the same database with a different prefix and do not share the users in the website creation template, then there is no session issue.

For some reason my hosting service provided revoked the priviliges, that are used to grant certain privileges when creating the database. There after solutions number 2 stopped working for me as i would get an error from the server saying MYSQL error 1142, I am working with my hosting provider, hopefully they provide me the rights.

For now I have solution 3 that works for me

Thanks, Best Wishes,
Santosh
santoshr25
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Thank you for your feedback.
Based on your description, I think that pts 2 and 3 are identical if you don't share the users.
I suppose that in case 2, you have not share the users with the other website as you seems had a MySQL error that may perhaps resulted in a copy of the users instead of a link of the users table.
If this is the case that means that case 2 and 3 are identical.

Can you also tell me if the website 1 and 2 are defined as different subdomains or sub-directories or domains.

When using slave site with different subdomain or subdirectories, the session ID may be the same depending on the http server configuration and apaches modules installed.
When using slave sites with different domains then the session ID returned by the server is always different.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/08/11 10:29 By edwin2win.

Hi,

Thanks for you support.

1.> I am using separate domains for each website.

My master website is at www.mumbaisphere.com

The following are slave my sites:

1. www.mumbaispheredb.in
2. www.capstonerealty.in
3. www.vaishnavproperties.com

I have created all the slave-domains as add-on domains in the master domain hosting space i.e. hosting space of mumbaisphere.com.

I point the add-on domain to \username\public_html\multisites\add-on-domain-name as created by the multisites component.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2.> The session seems to be common to all the domains.

I have used this plugin which is a double login blocker - extensions.joomla.org/extensions/access-...ity/site-access/6160 ,this plugin removes the old duplicate sessions when a new session is created.

After using this plugin,

a> if i am logged in to the backend of the master website with the admin user
b> then when I login to one of the slave websites with the admin login, the admin user is logged into the slave website and logged out of the master website.
c> This happens across all the different domains.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
3.> Even though the users are not shared, they seem to be shared.

I tested this by creating a new user in the master website datbase.

The new user is available in the slave databases.

This is the behavior I would like so thats gr8, but the users table was set to not be shared when creating the slave website.

And when I set the user tables to be shared then I have a session problem both in the frontend and backend.

There seems to be the session problem when the users table is linked between website databases.
4.> I am using the Hot Properties component and have completely have shared the hot properties database and it works very well.
santoshr25
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla